Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Lights, Camera and….zzzzzzzzzzz

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it me, or is there an utter dearth of films worth watching these days?

When once it was hard to choose from an abundance of titles down at Blockbuster, now there’s feck all regardless of channels, streaming or at the good old Pictures (with an interval to boot). Seemingly month after month.

Or am I just old? Or is it both? Just there used to always be a conveyor belt of quality outputs: current, and to look forward to later in the year.

Barry Norman, I should wonder, must be turning in his grave!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it me, or is there an utter dearth of films worth watching these days?

When once it was hard to choose from an abundance of titles down at Blockbuster, now there’s feck all regardless of channels, streaming or at the good old Pictures (with an interval to boot). Seemingly month after month.

Or am I just old? Or is it both? Just there used to always be a conveyor belt of quality outputs: current, and to look forward to later in the year.

Barry Norman, I should wonder, must be turning in his grave!
Wouldn't know. I haven't been arsed to watch films for yonks. Took youngest daughter to watch The Little Mermaid when it came out. It was very loud. Haven't bothered since.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seems to be three to four types of films these days. Superhero derivatives, twee animations, low budget films with a touching story and Mission Impossible.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
With writers and actors both on strike, it ain't going to get any better any time soon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oppenheimer is excellent.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's you.
You have more time on your hands than you did 20 years ago and you've also become more critical in your old age.
It seems you're moving into old fart territory with the majority of us on NSC.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Doesn't your local picture house still have that chap who plays a piano through the latest film :D
That would be FANTASTIC if true! Probably still sells Kia Ora, and Crusader Nuts mind.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oppenheimer is excellent.
Now, that’s the one exception at moment. Glad you’ve said because want to see. Midway through the Storyville drama doc on him at mo. Amazing how someone such dramatic effect on world history and nobody ever heard of today until film comes out.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's you.
You have more time on your hands than you did 20 years ago and you've also become more critical in your old age.
It seems you're moving into old fart territory with the majority of us on NSC.
Ha ha, you’re almost certainly right. Definitely far more films I lose patience with.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I love the flicks but f*** all worth seeing now.
I’m just old.

el punal

Doesn't your local picture house still have that chap who plays a piano through the latest film :D
I seem to remember back in my ‘yoof’ going with my mate to the Duke of York’s by Preston Circus for a matinee performance. Now, unfortunately, we’d been on the sauce and had had a few lunchtime pints. Back then the old D.O.Y. was a bit of a flea pit. The film started, I think it was Castle Keep with Burt Lancaster, and we were sat down enjoying the proceedings when my mate decided to put his feet on the row in front. There was then a bit of a grinding noise as the whole row of seats tumbled forward.

He and I beat a hasty retreat to another part of the cinema. There you are - cool story dude!

P.S. No chap playing the piano. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here