Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lighthouse Cafe Bar - Worthing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do people really take notice of these type of websites> they actually report back the're experience after going out for something to eat ???

To be fair I use it a fair bit. If I have been somewhere and rate it highly, or rate poorly I will review somewhere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep mate and massive Albion fan, who has supported the Albion through and through for years. Would expect better and the benefit of the doubt from our own!

Absolutely. So hopefully he takes this criticism on board and looks into staff training so this kind of thing is avoided in the future.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Joint run by a good friend of mine Alan May, top bloke and massive Albion fan home and away. Every time I have been in there it has been top notch, great food etc. don't think you are being fair to hide behind a keyboard and moan on here and put off potential customers. What, did you lose the use of your voice when you was in there? You should be ashamed of yourself, moaning to others and not even bothering to speak to them first!

The OP has every right to moan about poor service on here, people do it on Trip Advisor.
Your friend may be a top bloke but he obviously has some staff that don't give a monkeys.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Joint run by a good friend of mine Alan May, top bloke and massive Albion fan home and away. Every time I have been in there it has been top notch, great food etc. don't think you are being fair to hide behind a keyboard and moan on here and put off potential customers. What, did you lose the use of your voice when you was in there? You should be ashamed of yourself, moaning to others and not even bothering to speak to them first!
Ashamed, really?

Yep mate and massive Albion fan, who has supported the Albion through and through for years. Would expect better and the benefit of the doubt from our own!

And I knew he was an Albion fan how? By him not being there? A lady and 2 teenagers behind the jump on pre peak time Saturday night.

I made a comment about poor service, you do not seem to have addressed that? Oh, that's right, it has jack sxxt to do with you.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cant beleive some of the comments on here, if the place is mainly empty and the staff are just yapping then the click of fingers are the least of what they can expect.

If they sat down, were ignored and ignored walking out then the place really has some serious staffing problems imo regardless of what all the mates on here say. Especially if its mainly empty which suggests there may be a reason why its not busy as well.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Ashamed, really?

And I knew he was an Albion fan how? By him not being there? A lady and 2 teenagers behind the jump on pre peak time Saturday night.

I made a comment about poor service, you do not seem to have addressed that? Oh, that's right, it has jack sxxt to do with you.

That's just it. You made a comment about poor service on here, without even mentioning it at the time. Easy to criticise on here, hiding behind a keyboard. Alan is brave enough to start a new business and work every day of the week to make a go of it. The reviews on the net are very good and in my experience very good too. I'm sure he would be very happy to address your criticism with you face to face, so he can deal with it. Or do you want to email him to complain? Rant over, you bore me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was owned by the owner of the Ardington (he certainly had it recently), and he is a massive cockwomble of the highest order. If he still is involved with the place, I wouldn't be surprised.

Another place to avoid in Warwick St is the new "Thieves Kitchen" - trading off former glories with the name, it's a mishmash of "Shabby Chic" (i.e Shit tat) and overpriced undercooked food served by hipsters. It annoys me massively, because they have a very decent range of ales and craft beers, and if it wasn't quite such an aching douche pit I'd go in there.

Err I know the people who run that place, and if you think they're hipsters you don't know what hipster means...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's just it. You made a comment about poor service on here, without even mentioning it at the time. Easy to criticise on here, hiding behind a keyboard. Alan is brave enough to start a new business and work every day of the week to make a go of it. The reviews on the net are very good and in my experience very good too. I'm sure he would be very happy to address your criticism with you face to face, so he can deal with it. Or do you want to email him to complain? Rant over, you bore me.

Why would he bother to physically hunt down the owner? All he wanted was a sandwich, nobody took his order so he walked out, it's not a missing person.

"Alright Alan, I hired a detective to find you so I could tell you your waitresses are shit, cheers mate"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did my usual walkout from the Park View on Thursday lunchtime. Was going to Brighton Races (first race 2.05pm) with a friend DFL for the day. Despite my better judgement, suggested going over to the Park View for lunch as its just across the road. Got a drink about 11.45 and asked for a lunchtime menu. Uninterested bloke behind the bar said they weren't printed yet. Fair enough. By 12.30 they still hadn't been printed. At which point I lost all trust in them being able to rustle up a lunchtime menu, let alone any lunchtime food. Did what I invariably do when visiting the Park View, walk out and down to the Crown & Anchor, where of course we were met with a smile, a menu and some tasty food brought out in no time at all. Waitress called us a cab and we were at the races in plenty of time for a 3/1 winner on the first race. Result!

Couldn't be arsed to leave a poor review of the Park View on Trip Advisor, cos there's plenty enough poor reviews of the place on there already for folks to form their own opinion before visiting, but did fill in the Park view's online feedback form in the hope that somebody will read it and issue the godawful staff with a timely reminder of what they are supposed to be there for.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did my usual walkout from the Park View on Thursday lunchtime. Was going to Brighton Races (first race 2.05pm) with a friend DFL for the day. Despite my better judgement, suggested going over to the Park View for lunch as its just across the road. Got a drink about 11.45 and asked for a lunchtime menu. Uninterested bloke behind the bar said they weren't printed yet. Fair enough. By 12.30 they still hadn't been printed. At which point I lost all trust in them being able to rustle up a lunchtime menu, let alone any lunchtime food. Did what I invariably do when visiting the Park View, walk out and down to the Crown & Anchor, where of course we were met with a smile, a menu and some tasty food brought out in no time at all. Waitress called us a cab and we were at the races in plenty of time for a 3/1 winner on the first race. Result!

Couldn't be arsed to leave a poor review of the Park View on Trip Advisor, cos there's plenty enough poor reviews of the place on there already for folks to form their own opinion before visiting, but did fill in the Park view's online feedback form in the hope that somebody will read it and issue the godawful staff with a timely reminder of what they are supposed to be there for.

Seems a constructive way to do things imho

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In Worthing yesterday evening for Splash FM party in Steine Gardens. Fancied some grub outside of the venue as we thought it would be better value for money and/or much better quality. Found this place in Warwick Street I believe?

Evening menus on the table, LOTS of space (in fact just 3/4 tables in use). Menu looked OK, not too fussy as we really just wanted a hot snack type of thing, burger or panini etc.. Spoke to one of the three staff who informed us it was table service. Chose table, sat down, decided on what to have, chose a bottle of wine to order, closed menus, laid them on table and waited, and waited, and waited.

We were sat in FULL view of the staff, two youngsters and maybe the owner, one of whom may have been serving another table. We tried to catch their eye, we 'ahemed' and coughed for three or four minutes as they chatted and discussed whatever was more important than serving us. We were the only table waiting to order, we wanted to spend money in this establishment, it was a quiet period with very few customers. We left without spending a penny, or even getting a glance from the staff as we walked past them.

Apparently this cafe has not been open very long, if the standard of service continues as is then it will close very soon. So if you are after a speedy snack in central Worthing, go elsewhere.

Haha, how British is this? Happened to me a few times and I just politely go over and ask to see a menu, seems to work pretty well :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone tried getting served in the Park View pub by the way? Not sure how they do it but they manage to take an eternity even if there are 2 or 3 of them behind the bar.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
See my post #52. Good old Park View, never fails to disappoint.

Ahh didn't see that, so true though, I have walked out of there several times. I have stood at the bar for 10 minutes, the gormless barman behind there looking at me vaguely before serving a female who has just directly come in and up to the bar, unbelievable. Shame as I do actually like the pub a lot but the service is always dire.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
I also received very slow service in this establishment, it was a couple of months ago now but i seem to remember being ignored even at the counter. I was nice about it at the time because the staff were very young and obviously just doing it for the cashesh. Wont be going back any rate, twas a cack menu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here