Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Light Blue Shirts a Success?

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
I think the colour change may well have been a success financially as Bristol Rovers are now doing the same thing!

h06shirt_B.jpg

The idea was unpopular, but it could have meant more sales.

Good work by DK?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
it is a change, so people will obviously be more interested in it. the change back also stimulates interest and also makes people appreciate the original colour more. blackburn also tried this out in the past few years and i think it is indeed good work by DK.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Repugnant Toad said:
Poor old Rovers. That really is disgusting.

Agreed.

That shi(r)t makes our Argie strip look like the best kit in the whole history of football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Citrus in Sheffield said:
I think the colour change may well have been a success financially as Bristol Rovers are now doing the same thing!

h06shirt_B.jpg

The idea was unpopular, but it could have meant more sales.

Good work by DK?

They could at least have spelled 'I Clown' right :jester:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I quite liked our 'Argie' shirt as a shirt, not as a Brighton shirt.

Shame about the SKINT logo though as it now makes my shirt look a bit shabby:down:

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
One of the things I really didn't like about the Argie shirt wasn't necessarily the colour, but the lack of the BHAFC Logo.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A financial success I would think. Even if it was gross.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Thimble Keegan said:
I doubt it was a financial success as it appeared to be our worst selling shirt of recent years.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA
However, if you have brought a pale blue shirt you will, more than likely, go out and buy a new "proper" blue shirt.

I know I am. Bring on the proper blue and white army.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
that sponsor looks bloody horrible. so does the whole kit

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It might've worked in a "New Coke" kind of way. It's so shit that when bringing out a proper kit it looks amazing.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I like the look of the new shirt and am more likely to buy one of them than the light blue version...oh and the gas shirt is gipping.

Woodchip said:
However, if you have brought a pale blue shirt you will, more than likely, go out and buy a new "proper" blue shirt.

I know I am. Bring on the proper blue and white army.

Maybe, I liked the Argie because it was innovative and distinctive - the new one hasn't quite grabbed me in the same way but I guess that may change if I see some heroic deeds in it........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That pale blue shirt was a disgrace.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
had so many similar kits in recent years that even if our new kit had come out instead of the light blue it wouldnt of been that different . . . so from a sales point of view we needed a season with a total change . . .at least the light blue was still stripes

I ordered the new shirt yesterday and it arrived this morning at my desk. :clap: Bloody good work from the club shop. And I can report that it is lovely. Good quality, proper blue and a nice design. A huge improvement.

:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here