Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life's Geographical Journey .....

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Other threads on here have got me wondering how far some of you have travelled on your journeys through life?

My mother-in-law is in her seventies .... and has lived in the same City all her life?
I feel depressed for her .... but she says she's happy?

What about some of you peeps out there ... where has your journey taken you?

Mine is fairly boring .....

Born Croydon (I know :facepalm: .... sorry :sick: )
escaped to Brighton (when I was 3!!! Thanks Dad :thumbsup:) ..
moved to Kingston upon Thames ..
to Littlehampton ..
to Bracknell ..
to current residential Palace in West Midlands.

Not many moves, and not too much distance ..... I'm sure there are loads of you can top that?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well:

Hove,Brighton,Seremban,Hove,Tidworth,Hove,Glasgow,Hove,Coventry,Darwin,Alice Springs,Perth,Sydney,Manchester,Lingfield,Worthing,Leicester,Newark.......................................................TAUNTON.

With a lot of travel with no fixed abode in between. Sydney,Alice,Perth,Brighton,Glasgow,in order of preference.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Brighton-Worthing-Birkenhead-Liverpool-London-Worthing-Brighton-Billericay-Leigh-on-Sea

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Father is Irish, Mother is Welsh. Born in Hammersmith, moved to central Brighton, moved to Saltdean, moved to Oxford, moved back to Saltdaen, moved to central Brighton.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hurstpierpoint - Taunton - Hurstpierpoint - York - Bristol - York - Hurstpierpoint - Round the World - Hurstpierpoint - Brighton - Hurstpierpoint - Brighton (next month)

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
bedford - hull - newhaven (became albion fan aged 6) - south london (resisted the scum from aged 8 to 18) - brighton (only one option for uni) - south london - weybridge - haywards heath - ardingly

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Born Brighton, lived in Hove for 24 years, moved to Greece for 2 years, back to Hove for 7 months, been back in Greece for 5 months.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Other threads on here have got me wondering how far some of you have travelled on your journeys through life?

My mother-in-law is in her seventies .... and has lived in the same City all her life?
I feel depressed for her .... but she says she's happy?

What about some of you peeps out there ... where has your journey taken you?

Mine is fairly boring .....

Born Croydon (I know :facepalm: .... sorry :sick: )
escaped to Brighton (when I was 3!!! Thanks Dad :thumbsup:) ..
moved to Kingston upon Thames ..
to Littlehampton ..
to Bracknell ..
to current residential Palace in West Midlands.

Not many moves, and not too much distance ..... I'm sure there are loads of you can top that?

Why may i ask are you depressed for her ?

You say she has lived there all her life, are you also saying she hasnt ever been away on hols?

Just bit confused why you would feel depressed for her(unless from Croydon then thats obvious)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Born in South London, raised in Surrey and now reside in Croydon.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Why may i ask are you depressed for her ?

You say she has lived there all her life, are you also saying she hasnt ever been away on hols?

Just bit confused why you would feel depressed for her(unless from Croydon then thats obvious)

Actually, the picture is even worse than I painted.
She's lived in the same house all her life! :eek:

I feel depressed for her because she literally doesn't know what she's been missing?
The holiday question is a good one ... and the answer is rarely does she go away on hols, and when she does it's never ever outside the UK, and always to the same little place on the Norfolk Broads.

She says she's happy ... but I feel sad for her because she genuinely doesn't know what she's been missing all these years?

All the children and grandchildren have tried to persuade her to come away with them to somewhere different .... and every attempt has been met by refusal?

Each to their own I guess, but I find that quite sad?
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here