Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life of Brian - superb

D

Deleted member 2719

"shut up big nose" "where are you from nose city".

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Brilliant film and is one of the funniest films made.:clap2:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
goldstone said:
Excellent film. Great to see so much fun made of a subject which so many people people take so seriously.

The program on before the film, about the making of it was very interesting. I had forgotten all the furore that it sparked at the time. Those religious bigots* were amazing - call themselves enlightened, their minds were so closed they should have pad-locks on them. They made themselves look ridiculous.

* Disclaimer : I do not mean that all religous people are bigots.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The line up for the Crucifixion scene remains one of my favourites...

NISUS WETTUS:
Next. Crucifixion?

PRISONER #1:
Yes.
NISUS:
Good. Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?
PRISONER #2:
Yes.
NISUS:
Good. Out of the door. Line on the left. One cross each. Next. Crucifixion?
MR. CHEEKY:
Ah, no. Freedom.
JAILER:
Hmm?
NISUS:
What?
MR. CHEEKY:
Eh, freedom for me. They said I hadn't done anything, so I could go free and live on an island somewhere.
NISUS:
Oh. Oh, well, that's jolly good. Well, off you go, then.
MR. CHEEKY:
Naa, I'm only pulling your leg. It's crucifixion, really.
NISUS:
Oh, ho ho.
MR. CHEEKY:
Heh heh heh hehh.
NISUS:
I see. Uh, very good. Very good. Well, out of the door. One--
MR. CHEEKY:
Yeah. I know the way. Out of the door.
NISUS:
Line on--
MR. CHEEKY:
One cross each. Line on the left.
NISUS:
Line on the left.
MR. CHEEKY:
Heh heh.
NISUS:
Yes. Thank you. Crucifixion?
PRISONER #4:
Yes.
NISUS:
Good.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Terry Jones point in the earlier programme was interesting.He was convinced censorship and political correctness had gone mad.

He was not attacking religion in the film but those who failed to think for themselves.
(awaits attack from Hans Kray fan club)

The religious zealots made me laugh though.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good job there are no " Christian Fundamentlists " or they would all be dead

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Tricky Dicky said:
The program on before the film, about the making of it was very interesting. I had forgotten all the furore that it sparked at the time. Those religious bigots* were amazing - call themselves enlightened, their minds were so closed they should have pad-locks on them. They made themselves look ridiculous.

* Disclaimer : I do not mean that all religous people are bigots.

Many moons ago whilst on leave from HM Forces, I got the video and some beer and planned a pleasant afternoon watching this master piece. I was at the time staying at my parents, and about ten minutes into the film the door bell rings, my mother answers the door and in walks the local Catholic priest ( he resembled Rasputin and always wore sandals regardless of the weather). As I dive for the remote he Say's ' Wonderful 'Life of Brian' .. my favourite. He the proceeds to 'do' all the lines of the film and drink my beer ... the bastard ... he couldn't see what the fuss was about ...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Deportivo Seagull said:
Many moons ago whilst on leave from HM Forces, I got the video and some beer and planned a pleasant afternoon watching this master piece. I was at the time staying at my parents, and about ten minutes into the film the door bell rings, my mother answers the door and in walks the local Catholic priest ( he resembled Rasputin and always wore sandals regardless of the weather). As I dive for the remote he Say's ' Wonderful 'Life of Brian' .. my favourite. He the proceeds to 'do' all the lines of the film and drink my beer ... the bastard ... he couldn't see what the fuss was about ...

One of my best friends as a youngster became a Catholic priest and his favourite tv programme was Father Ted.
They actually poke fun at Catholocism.
Both hilarious I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here