Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Libertines

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
They always mention the Albion, they have a song called Albion and they are absolutely marvellous.
Shame the lead singer supports QPR but you can't have everything.

Best band in Britain................YES.

Not a bad band a couple of catchy tunes.

Not convinced by them live. Saw them support Supergrass last year and they were so poor I wandered off to the quieter bar area. Not excatly astounding at festivals either fro whatm I've seen.

They could well be on their way out, druggy twat keeps walking off and the band seems to be showing signs of a split. Classic Rock n' Roll behavoir.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm... tenuous link, me thinks.

I'm guessing that there's no actual connection to Brighton & Hove Albion, right?

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
none at all, they use it as the old name for England.

can't help but think of the stripes though when I hear the song.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Cold play revisited!! So up their own arses it's untrue, BUT yes a good band!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Northstander said:
Cold play revisited!! So up their own arses it's untrue, BUT yes a good band!

What? One a boring bland act the other a high octane rollercoaster of a live band with genuine originality and passion contained within their lyrics and performance.Yes, I can see the similarity already.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the Libertines are another case of the NME abusing their monopoly. Like their last precious darlings The Strokes who ain't NEVER going to reach critical mass, no matter how much the NME have flights to New York and limitless, er, corporate hospitality lavished on them. NME just want another Kurt Cobain. How much of The Libertines is about the music, which, OK is an amiable enough Mekons-style thrashabout, and how much of it is the building of rock'n'roll folklore. Y'know, Pete gets hooked on heroin. Pete breaks into Carl's flat. Pete gets sent down. Pete goes into buddhist rehab in Thailand. Pete discharges himself from buddhist rehab inThailand. Pete's problems get two page spread in the Sunday Mirror. I just find it an unedifying spectacle meself, why can't they just leave the poor lad alone to try and get whatever help he can from whatever's left to try. Sadly, looks very much like NME are going to end up with their next dead cover icon. Very very sad.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not just the NME - blame the tart in The Sun too.

The amount of coverage in that paper is waaaaaaaay out of proportion to the public's interest in the band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here