Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenoir

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rosenior to me is clearly a leader and calming figure on the pitch, i really do think he should be our left back, we need players like him at the minute.

In many ways it's difficult to argue with this. I would put Steve Sidwell in the same bracket. They are our two players with most Premier League experience, and although their best days are probably behind them, both have a steadying and calming influence on the team, and both are prepared to run through a brick wall for the cause.

On the reverse side of the coin though, players like Markus Suttner are only going to improve if they are given the game time to do it.

It's a difficult one.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Play him in front of Suttner, instead of Murphy/March? - Liam is quick for transition from defence to attack but also a good defender (obviously)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
In many ways it's difficult to argue with this. I would put Steve Sidwell in the same bracket. They are our two players with most Premier League experience, and although their best days are probably behind them, both have a steadying and calming influence on the team, and both are prepared to run through a brick wall for the cause.

On the reverse side of the coin though, players like Markus Suttner are only going to improve if they are given the game time to do it.

It's a difficult one.
Absolutely and I would have Sidwell start ahead of Propper for the time being and introduce Propper later in the game. Stephens looks like he needs the experience alongside him and Propper needs time to adapt to the league. It's hard for left back because you can't have both on at the same time, Suttner did show signs of quality, again - lack of experience in this league is what concerns me. Not his quality, i think we have time now to allow gentle introduction. Not a complete replacement. Same with Rosenior, we need that experience to help calm the team down as a whole first then bring our new boys into the fold smore slowly.

Of course, I'm just a fan - i completey trust our management to make the right decisions. It's nothing more than my observation.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely and I would have Sidwell start ahead of Propper for the time being and introduce Propper later in the game. Stephens looks like he needs the experience alongside him and Propper needs time to adapt to the league. It's hard for left back because you can't have both on at the same time, Suttner did show signs of quality, again - lack of experience in this league is what concerns me. Not his quality, i think we have time now to allow gentle introduction. Not a complete replacement. Same with Rosenior, we need that experience to help calm the team down as a whole first then bring our new boys into the fold smore slowly.

Of course, I'm just a fan - i completey trust our management to make the right decisions. It's nothing more than my observation.

Agree 100%. The big problem is though, that l've a feeling that the one man who matters, i.e. Chris Hughton doesn't, and that we will continue with the likes of Propper and Suttner for some time yet.

I think that with all the money being shelled out for these new players, the higher echelons at the club, will expect to see them in the starting eleven.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Get him in the team Saturday. We need his leadership on the pitch.

Agree. I'd start Sidwell too. To get a point or more I really feel the team needs a boost in experience, passion (from being here the last two years) and strength which is what we need with a physical/powerful team like Watford. Realise Suttner and Propper would gain further experience if they played but we need a lift and they'll get more than enough chance to impress. Fear CH will just stick with them though.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Liam Rosenoir; what is his best position other than right back?

Could he play wide right midfield as well as Bruno at right back?

I'm baffled. (Easily done!) although he is a RB, I believe he is our best left back by a country mile! CH hasn't seemed to want to start him for quite a while - going back to half way through last season. ( I know injury played some role in that). His intelligent and intricate play is great and I for one hope he gets the nod soon. By the way I'm not slating CH. just my own thoughts on the player

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
His Hull team did will tonight - in our 4-4-2 promotion shape - after he referred to CH as his biggest managerial influence after his dad and Brendan Rogers - Hull are a good outside bet to arrive in the play offs on last day of season ..
Nine points and a game over too. They have to rely on others not doing so well above them. Not going to happen this season.

I do look out for their results though. I'd love to see Liam do well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has made a good start at Hull, but still very early days in his managerial career really. Let's see how things pan out in the second half of the season. A shot at the play-offs next year maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here