Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Lucky you.

We've got Mrs L. Hipgrave talking and presenting during Founders Day at my daughter's school soon. Can't even mention the football.

Sooner have Liam.

:(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What were Hull thinking letting him go? Liam is one of my personal favourite signings the Albion have ever made. Selfless, positive, team player, a winner.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Intelligent and thoughtful, much like his current manager. I wonder if he'll assist Hughton at some stage.

Agreed. The similarities are there and I'm sure that Leroy Rosenior knew this when Liam asked him about whether he should join Brighton and his dad said that he'd drive him down to Sussex to make sure he did.

It's a strange thing with Hughton that we're all so proud of him down here and none of us probably give his skin colour a second thought but he's one of only 2 or 3 BAME managers in the entire league and therefore an important role model for black footballers thinking about a career in management. I really hope that Rosenior makes it as a manager not just because of his personal skills but also because we do need more black managers in the British game. And Hughton and Rosenior are much better role models IMHO than Barnes or Paul Ince.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was there too as I'm involved with the school and had coffee with him beforehand. I fully concur, a more humble, grounded and genuine person you couldn't hope to meet. The speech he gave really was inspirational and something the teachers will be referencing in the coming academic year. He spoke so well although you could tell he was very much outside his comfort zone. He said how much he loves it down here. Really hope he stays with us for as long as possible. A great character to have around the club.

I was there too.

I thought he came across as quite charismatic, a very happy person who appreciated what a lucky person he was (achieved through hard work as well as ability), and many of kids really will be inspired by his talk on working together in teams. Many will never forget his words.

The warmth of the vast majority of the audience before and afterwards was palpable. One guy shouted Seagulls, I was hoping for an impromptu chant of We're On Our Way, it really would have taken off ... I think there were of Albion fans there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here