Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Ridgewell arrested for drunk driving in United States

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not defending LR in any way, especially without knowing what his alcohol level, but isn't the limit much lower in the US than the UK? Would he have thought he was OK to drive over here, but over the limit there?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
ridgewell.jpg

He was decent for us at the start of the year. But this picture sums him up pretty well I'd imagine. Tool.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not defending LR in any way, especially without knowing what his alcohol level, but isn't the limit much lower in the US than the UK? Would he have thought he was OK to drive over here, but over the limit there?

No, it's the same as in England & Wales (jointly with a few others, the highest legal level in Europe). Scotland now has a lower maximum level.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I never warmed to him what he was at the Albion. This thread just validates my feelings towards him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The plug and chain from the basin......certainly weird.

Nah, it's just a chemical freshener thingy....anyway, back on topic, sounds like he's acted like a ****. He did an ok job for us in a time of need but I never warmed to him - always an air of arrogance about him in his press conferences/interviews.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
always an air of arrogance about him in his press conferences/interviews.

Yes. Yes.. I felt this as well. It was like he felt he was some big player doing us a favour.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I never warmed to him what he was at the Albion. This thread just validates my feelings towards him.

I agree. He was adequate, ordinary. No more. Didn't do a lot wrong, but didn't exactly set the place on fire. Signing him permanently never interested me.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Dick move on his and the other donuts decisions, but his biggest issue may be his status regarding his working visa for the U.S. To get a work visa is tough, to then put yourself on the wrong side of law could potentially lead to revocation of the visa. Technically a first time DUI is seen as a misdemeanor, but this DUI will attract more attention as he is not a permanent resident, I used to work for an English fella who got a DUI here in California, he decided to fight it and they took his Green Card away and gave hime 30 days to leave, with no possibility of returning for 10 years. Anyone that has stepped up to the Customs desk at any U.S. airport will testify to the "presumed guilty first" stance on entry to the country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder what the US do for a sobriety test? Is it still walk on the straight line?

In the UK refusing a breath test carries the same penalty as failing one, so he would still lose his licence.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I never drink and drive even 1 alcoholic drink. That is not to say I havent in my younger days and been very lucky to not get done but as they say I saw the light.
And that is why you are such a strong advocate of low price soft drinks in public houses to encourage a designated driv ........... Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here