Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not for a Championship defender sorry. 10 million is over priced. Reading could well have an unhappy player on their books.
VVD is world class big difference to a Championship player

Everyone is overpriced because the selling clubs all know BHA has £100,000,000 burning a hole in it's pocket.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
True - but I don't see Moore as an upgrade. We'll see............

Not even an upgrade on Goldson or Uwe IMO.

What do we really know of Moore though? He's obviously starring for them at a young age in the championship, like Dunk was doing for us a couple of years ago at the same age or Duffy was elsewhere? If Brighton is offering 7m+ for him we presumably think he's more in the Dunk / Duffy mold than Goldson

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we keep Baldock rather than getting another non-HGP striker, then we could get a non-HGP central defender for much better value than the loony £15 million price tag on Moore.

Or we get a HGP journeyman for 1 year, and then fill the squad place with Ben White further down the line

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If we keep Baldock rather than getting another non-HGP striker, then we could get a non-HGP central defender for much better value than the loony £15 million price tag on Moore.

Or we get a HGP journeyman for 1 year, and then fill the squad place with Ben White further down the line

I think Baldock and Hemed will both go as will Skalak. There will be options available in different positions to plug the HGP gap. I suppose the questions will be answered soon re who comes in, however I think what is clear is that whoever it is, they will be expensive and they will be fighting for a first team spot..
eg: Iranian winger possibly 18-20 mill. Expensive YES do we need more creativity 100%.
Liam Moore 10-15 mill expensive YES, but that will also be dependent on need of HGP and alternatives...
Barnardo Da Silva 5-10 mill expensive not really in this market...
Percy Tau we are arguing over an offer of 2.5 mill and they want 4 mill...Hardly expensive in any world...(work permit allowing)
Potential in returning for Nick Powell? 10 mill? not hugely expensive and HGP...

I suppose the theme is everyone has a PL price tag...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Baldock and Hemed will both go as will Skalak. There will be options available in different positions to plug the HGP gap. I suppose the questions will be answered soon re who comes in, however I think what is clear is that whoever it is, they will be expensive and they will be fighting for a first team spot..
eg: Iranian winger possibly 18-20 mill. Expensive YES do we need more creativity 100%.
Liam Moore 10-15 mill expensive YES, but that will also be dependent on need of HGP and alternatives...
Barnardo Da Silva 5-10 mill expensive not really in this market...
Percy Tau we are arguing over an offer of 2.5 mill and they want 4 mill...Hardly expensive in any world...(work permit allowing)
Potential in returning for Nick Powell? 10 mill? not hugely expensive and HGP...

I suppose the theme is everyone has a PL price tag...
That all seems realistic. At £15 million I can't see any deal being done for Moore until deadline day, so we should know by then if we actually need a HGP in his position or if we can look elsewhere.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Hughton said: “You have always got to look to have competition. It’s normal when you have a settled team that players will be earmarked as regulars, but it changes.

Moore would not come cheap - but Hughton says timing is also key on deals

“That’s why you need competition, players that are going to push the ones that have been regulars.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What do we really know of Moore though? He's obviously starring for them at a young age in the championship, like Dunk was doing for us a couple of years ago at the same age or Duffy was elsewhere? If Brighton is offering 7m+ for him we presumably think he's more in the Dunk / Duffy mold than Goldson

We know that he couldn’t get regular games at Leicester, we know he was unimpressive last time he played against us (IMO).

We know he was their PotY.

We know that he is stepping up in class and would be replacing one of two very capable defenders, one of whom had played in the Bundersliga regularly, one who stood out when he stepped in.

We know that the two players in situ and perhaps Balogun as well are probably ahead in the pecking order, so £10m for a potential 4th choice seems excessive.
(Again all IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Knowing how well we’re run and how successful our recruitment is, we must have one eye on the possibility of Dunk being wanted by a top 6 side at some point in the near future and a continuity plan. So a price in excess of £10 million maybe doesn’t seem quite so high if he could quickly go from being 3rd/4th choice to 2nd/3rd choice.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Knowing how well we’re run and how successful our recruitment is, we must have one eye on the possibility of Dunk being wanted by a top 6 side at some point in the near future and a continuity plan. So a price in excess of £10 million maybe doesn’t seem quite so high if he could quickly go from being 3rd/4th choice to 2nd/3rd choice.

Good point as well.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We know that he couldn’t get regular games at Leicester, we know he was unimpressive last time he played against us (IMO).

We know he was their PotY.

We know that he is stepping up in class and would be replacing one of two very capable defenders, one of whom had played in the Bundersliga regularly, one who stood out when he stepped in.

We know that the two players in situ and perhaps Balogun as well are probably ahead in the pecking order, so £10m for a potential 4th choice seems excessive.
(Again all IMO).

I think its excessive for a 4th choice defender too, which makes me assume he wouldn't be 4th choice. Whether that means Dunk might be off, or Hughton is looking to upgrade Duffy at some point, or we might possibly be considering three at the back, I don't know.

Moore made his Leicester debut at 18, his premier league debut at 21 - at that age I'm not surprised he wasn't a regular, especially with them playing Morgan and Huth there. England U-17, U-21 international - I wouldn't be surprised if BHA think he's a diamond.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think its excessive for a 4th choice defender too, which makes me assume he wouldn't be 4th choice. Whether that means Dunk might be off, or Hughton is looking to upgrade Duffy at some point, or we might possibly be considering three at the back, I don't know.

Moore made his Leicester debut at 18, his premier league debut at 21 - at that age I'm not surprised he wasn't a regular, especially with them playing Morgan and Huth there. England U-17, U-21 international - I wouldn't be surprised if BHA think he's a diamond.

Hope you’re right, if he signs.

The other possible ‘issue’, could be Duffy’s perceived behaviour and the club’s image.

Doesn’t bother me, but the tweets, Katie Price etc.... just surmising.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Goldson going so early in the window confirmed that Dunk isn't off this summer.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

- Albion are looking for 4 premier league centre backs. They currently have 3. If not Moore then someone else.

- it’s not expensive for a premier league CB or with prem potential

- they aren’t going to play 3 at the back

- as with any signings this summer - if they’re good and look like rivals to the existing players, that’s not because the existing players are leaving. It’s
Because they have more ££ and because that’s the plan. They are strengthening the squad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
- Albion are looking for 4 premier league centre backs. They currently have 3. If not Moore then someone else.

- as with any signings this summer - if they’re good and look like rivals to the existing players, that’s not because the existing players are leaving. It’s
Because they have more ££ and because that’s the plan. They are strengthening the squad.

Think you're right on all counts. Recruitment team/management (regardless of views on here) will have determined that targets are an upgrade on those departing/departed in virtually every case. Can see a deal involving Hemed or Baldock in relation to Moore. We were very fortunate (helped by the excellence of the medical team) with injuries last season, similarly with suspensions - and we know CH wants cover for every position - D&D will be the first choice pair but the other two need to be good enough to be challenging them for their places.

Also think, though, there is an element of 'BHAFC pricing' being factored in that will get worse as we near the end of the window. We've spent very little so far so sellers know what's in the kitty.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Really good points and Hughton pretty much summed it up today saying that players coming in need to push those already expecting to start (only normal for a developing squad)
As for the fee, its not so much how much it is...it is all about perceived value...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Think you're right on all counts. Recruitment team/management (regardless of views on here) will have determined that targets are an upgrade on those departing/departed in virtually every case. Can see a deal involving Hemed or Baldock in relation to Moore. We were very fortunate (helped by the excellence of the medical team) with injuries last season, similarly with suspensions - and we know CH wants cover for every position - D&D will be the first choice pair but the other two need to be good enough to be challenging them for their places.

Also think, though, there is an element of 'BHAFC pricing' being factored in that will get worse as we near the end of the window. We've spent very little so far so sellers know what's in the kitty.
Regarding BHAFC pricing..remember at start of last seasons window haggling over Suttners deal for weeks on end (end price around 3 mill) and by end of window we were spending 13.5 mill....

seems as window progresses you have to somewhat bite the bullet..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I broadly agree with the rest of your post but not with all of this bit. As per my post last night we COULD play 3 at the back in SOME games, if we wanted to. If Moore signed, and with Balogun already here and playing well in that system for Nigeria and having Schelotto here too it makes it more, rather than less, likely. The one player it doesn’t suit is Duffy - who’s just had an op.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here