Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Dickinson

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Contract terminated after 1 year with Barnsley by Keith Hill (new Barnsley manager) who had him on loan last season at Rochdale :facepalm:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another player that caused divide on here. NSC took an eternity before the general feeling was he was shit, like so many that have gone before and after, Sandaza being the most recent example

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
My enduring memory of him will always be at Villa Park when he'd only been on the pitch for about 5 minutes before the end of the game, been shit as normal, whistle went and he made a bee-line to get Sidwell's shirt as a momento - didn't deserve any Villa shirt that day.....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a waste. My enduring memory of him will always be his lack of ability to win anything in the air despite his considerable height. Scored a couple of corkers but a wasted talent in funny colour boots for sure.

Russell Slade's transfers were very much hit and miss. He is rightly given credit for bringing in some really good players like Bennett, Dicker, Crofts and Navarro but he spent a fair amount of money on Tunnicliffe, Jake Wright and Dickinson as well as bringing in crap players like Graeme Smith, Aaron Davies and Thornhill on frees or loans. However, I suppose given how much we made from Crofts and are about to make from Bennett and the impact those players had on our promotion, he must still be in credit.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I can see him tumbling down the leagues now even further than league 1. Back to Stockport I reckon

I think that's quite a good shout. He seems to have been everywhere since leaving Stockport without really settling. Banging a few goals in at Conference level could see a Craig Davies-style Renaissance in League 2. Or alternatively, he could end up at Bedlington Terriers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Russell Slade's transfers were very much hit and miss. He is rightly given credit for bringing in some really good players like Bennett, Dicker, Crofts and Navarro but he spent a fair amount of money on Tunnicliffe, Jake Wright and Dickinson as well as bringing in crap players like Graeme Smith, Aaron Davies and Thornhill on frees or loans. However, I suppose given how much we made from Crofts and are about to make from Bennett and the impact those players had on our promotion, he must still be in credit.

That's a fair assessment of the shiny headed one, but surely the same could be said of Gus?

For every Greer, Calderon, Ankergren, Bridcutt and Painter there is a Baz, Battipedi, Holroyd, Poke etc.

If a manager gets more than 50% right then he is doing well.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Amazing really.

Indeed, he takes the honour as my least favourite Albion player of all time, due to the money we paid (in our top five most expensive players ever, at the time), his pathetic attitude and average ability. We absolutely mugged Barnsley for £150,000.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
That's a fair assessment of the shiny headed one, but surely the same could be said of Gus?

For every Greer, Calderon, Ankergren, Bridcutt and Painter there is a Baz, Battipedi, Holroyd, Poke etc.

If a manager gets more than 50% right then he is doing well.

I guess the difference is Baz, Battipiedi & Poke were all signed for free as backup players, and Holroyd for what, 60k? Wright/Tunnicliffe/Dickinson cost 500k between them and althought Wright was a prospect, the other 2 were supposed to be 1st XI starters. The ones Gus has got wrong have been brought in one 1-year contracts on small wages - that's I think a sign of how great Gus has been, fair enough they didn't work out but for the amount we paid them it was worth a go - imagine if Baz & Batti had broken into the first team a la Barnes/Bridcutt. We'd be singing Gus' praises even more than we already are for unearthing 2 South American gems completely off everyone else's radar.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't know why but there was always something I liked about Liam Dickinson.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When we played Rochdale at Spotland he didn't even get on the pitch as a sub. Big Dick to Orient ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here