Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt Appreciation Society

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
In contrast Dicker was very poor today.

Eh? What game were you watching? Who put the pass through to noone for the first goal? He`s class, period.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How long does bridcutt's current contract have to run?

He got a year this summer, so we need to extend that asap. I still find it amusing that Watford thought he was useless whilst on loan to them 18 months ago and Palace rejected him after a trial last summer. Gus knows how to spot a gem and improve their play.

st1988

Aug 6, 2011
I agree with everything above. He is technically the best midfielder ive probably ever seen at the albion. He was my player of the season last year and i seriously do not know what we would do without him. He controls the tempo of games and the way he drop a shoulder to buy himself an extra second on the ball to pick out the perfect pass is class. Premiership quality for sure.

Also i thought he signed a two year contract not a one year extension

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Yesterday three players stood out for me Bridcutt, Noone and CMS all three looked fantastic but as with any team it those around them that help doing their bit sometimes almost unnoticed

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He got a year this summer, so we need to extend that asap. I still find it amusing that Watford thought he was useless whilst on loan to them 18 months ago and Palace rejected him after a trial last summer. Gus knows how to spot a gem and improve their play.

I thought he got a two year deal this summer along with Dicker.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
The lad is just absolute class. His positional sense is so so crucial to the way we play. CMS & Calde were also superb yesterday.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Agree thought it was 2 years he got, and should be 4. Think it's rare we offer 3 even in case we got relegated but now surely can have more confidence.

Could it be he wasn't that special 18-24 months ago (but had potential) and needed a run in a championship standard team but none would take him on his level at that moment in time (on loan would be the important thing not his potential). So Chelsea released him and he went to a championship standard team in L1 :thumbsup: where a manager trusted Chelsea contacts more than most would, and desperately needed a DM due to injury. Worked perfectly for both as not only did he exceed the play-time, confidence, experience etc. needed due to the injury but he also had the godlike Gus tutoring him and so exceeded expectations for all parties?

Also agree Bridcutt, CMS and Noone (the latter clearly upped his game being settled and having first pre-season and first run of starting consistently) stand out but also think Calderon and Greer if not Prem class are good enough for the bench at that level. Buckley and Hoskins also look great as the other signings. Dunk and JFC clearly have a great chance of reaching that level too. Would have said last season Bennett was the only player could say stood a chance in the Prem at that point in time.

That is quite a core of players capable of being top 6 in the Champ and they have a great support cast, I can't think of anyone who is likely to start a game for us who isn't clearly of Champ standard (Anks is in our system but maybe not many others). We just have to slowly add pieces who IMPROVE the squad and we'll get there in a couple of years. Will be even more fun when in and around the play-offs for a whole season. We're already top half standard I'm sure of it even having avoided playing many of the big boys yet.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can honestly say we are lucky, I mean in the past it has been fairly easy to choose your favourite Albion player. But now I am finding the task very difficult, I have CMS on the back of my shirt, but Bridcutt is a fantastic little player that seems to make us tick in midfield, then you have Noone who has pace and flair. Then Calderon is an extremely classy defender that works as tirelessly as CMS. Lua Lua nuff said. Like a say not an easy job picking your fav, but a very nice problem to have.

Oh and whoever said Dicker had a bad game, should of gone to spec savers.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Stevie Wonder.JPG
Dicker had a great game - even stevie wonder would have seen that.

PS. Myself and Stevie are big Gary Dicker fans. Just thought yesterday was not one of his better games.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
If the contract isn't extended by the time we get to Xmas on this form we'll be lucky to hold onto him. He's covering the whole pitch and at the moment moving the ball quickly from defence to attack. PL scouts must be taking notes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here