Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never wrong, even when he has nothing to do with the point that's being raised.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I wouldn't disagree but we are talking of the present time and the views and valuations expressed by many on here.
You do understand that value is subjective and buyers and sellers have different view on value. To us Lewis is the heart and soul of the current team he fits in with our style perfectly to another team he might only be another centre back not the main man. Therefore he is more valuable to us than the buyer so the same player with 2 values a deal is struck somewhere in the middle of the 2 valuations.
We don't have to sell him and we value him highly so IF we sell him it will be for a price the market (and you) will see as over priced.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Allegedly no proof. Also Keane has more top flight + England experiences and a desperate buy by Koeman who was sacked for his judgement amongst other aspects of his management.

How often did he play for England before he left Burnley?...Zero? Once? More top flight experience before he left Burnley...one season?.....moving on have you looked at how the transfer market has inflated since then......nah

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
How often did he play for England before he left Burnley?...Zero? Once? More top flight experience before he left Burnley...one season?.....moving on have you looked at how the transfer market has inflated since then......nah

Keane made his England debut against Germany in March 2017 when he was very much a Burnley player (on a shortlist of 6 for PFA Young Player of the Year). And you are wrong when you infer "only one season" in the top flight. He started 20-odd games alongside Jason Shackell in the 2014/15 season as a raw youngster.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Keane made his England debut against Germany in March 2017 when he was very much a Burnley player (on a shortlist of 6 for PFA Young Player of the Year). And you are wrong when you infer "only one season" in the top flight. He started 20-odd games alongside Jason Shackell in the 2014/15 season as a raw youngster.

So after that Germany game...how many others? ..one season plus 20 odd ..so not much more...hasnt looked the part for Everton this season from what I've seen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Allegedly no proof. Also Keane has more top flight + England experiences and a desperate buy by Koeman who was sacked for his judgement amongst other aspects of his management.

Well no, there is no proof proof but it was reported in the press to be 5m. The Burnley fan has told us how much more premier league and international experience Keane had last summer than Dunk has this - 20 more prem games and 1 international cap.

There are a number of English centre halves who, although possessing differing skills and experience, are much of a muchness. Dunk, Keane and Mawson are within that group. To a certain degree their value is contingent on the value of the others. It is also dependent on how valuable the player is to the selling club and how long their contract is.

With that in mind there is no way on god's green earth that we will be selling Lewis Dunk for 15million this summer. Absolutely no chance. He won't be going anywhere for under 20million and even that would be a surprising price.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We’re 40 odd years (!!) on from that team. The standard of football as a whole has improved immeasurably in that time. Technique, pace, fitness are all at a much, much higher minimum standard. I’m confident the current team would destroy the Mullery side - and that’s no dig at them, we’re just in a different world now in terms of the sport, so not comparing apples with apples.

Not quite 40 years [emoji2].

Don’t agree at all re standard.

What is different is the diet, fitness, surfaces, balls and kit.

I would be very interested to see how today’s players would cope with uneven bounces, muddy surfaces, a more physical game. You need very good technique to cope with that alone.

Alternatively, if Mullery’s team had the same opportunities as todays footballers, they’d find the game easier.

For me the comparison can only be made on ability alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Class player who should not be underestimated. Personally think he would be better in a better team but would prefer he stays.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another class display, battled hard and didn't look under pressure from any high balls, again.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd be shocked if Dunk leaves for anything less than £35m, shocked.

Watching Virgil's recent games for Liverpool that suggested fee for Dunk is pretty close to what we would hold out for if one of the top 6 come knocking. Virgil seems to give the ball away a lot more than Dunk has this season-in dangerous areas too. Dunk is going to be difficult to replace IF he gets sold.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Virgil's recent games for Liverpool that suggested fee for Dunk is pretty close to what we would hold out for if one of the top 6 come knocking. Virgil seems to give the ball away a lot more than Dunk has this season-in dangerous areas too. Dunk is going to be difficult to replace IF he gets sold.

VVD has been immense since his move. If Dunk gets any where near those performances, we’re looking at a huge valuation.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not quite 40 years [emoji2].

Don’t agree at all re standard.

What is different is the diet, fitness, surfaces, balls and kit.

I would be very interested to see how today’s players would cope with uneven bounces, muddy surfaces, a more physical game. You need very good technique to cope with that alone.

Alternatively, if Mullery’s team had the same opportunities as todays footballers, they’d find the game easier.

For me the comparison can only be made on ability alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on.

Ward, Horton, Stevens etc would have had the benefit of high level coaching on perfect pitches from a young age, plus the full array of modern sports science as players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here