Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So much confusion about this, and unnecessarily so.

When a player receives two yellow cards in a match, and hence gets sent-off, NEITHER of the bookings counts towards the accumulation of yellow cards (he serves a suspension for the sending-off and THAT is the punishment for the bookings).

Dunk is still on 10 yellows in terms of the accumulation of cards towards a potential three-game ban for reaching 15 bookings in the season.

Are you sure? If so, that is good news but I am sure it was not the case previously

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are you sure? If so, that is good news but I am sure it was not the case previously

I'm certain - and so is the FA:-

DunkFA.jpg

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
From what I can see (a cached version of a FA page on suspensions) there is no cut-off - it runs to the very end of the season.

Stephens' 3 game suspension at the end of last year [Complete and Utter Shyster - gate] resulted in him missing both play-off legs V :lolol: and the opening fixture of this season too - but that was a straight red - accumulation of yellows may be different ....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think if Dunk manages to get a yellow early on in the game then he should be subbed at half time.
Might teach him a lesson and give another defender game time to be ready for when he gets his inevitable ban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here