Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
This boy is something special, he's only 19. On the radio today I heard that Harry Rednap had been making enquiries about him. Don't want to lose him, the way we are going we will need talent like this.

How amazing is this, we have talent all over the park. Even the youngsters coming through are making noise. After years of crap it feels really nice to be taken seriously, everywhere you look people are saying positive things about our football club.

I am loving every minute of it. We are top of the league!

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
He was superb today. As was Greer. And, I have to admit, I was worried about Ankergren before the start of the season, but he was excellent as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk/Greer were superb today absolutely superb.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Try to remember, we're no longer a selling club.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Greer? Oh, I thought his name was Gordon Geer. Well, that's what Warren Aspinall keeps on calling him on the radio. Speaking of which, anyone else agree the analysis after the game is utter tripe now. Don't often hear it, but as I couldn't make the game today I listened in. Crikey, the geezer in control is awful, clueless about the Albion - sorry who is this Len 'Spider' Mellor, he mentioned during the topic of nicknames? Christ on a bike. All we hear about is bloody Woking, Aldershot and Crawley. Grrrr. It wasn't this bad last season.

FloridaGull

Aug 17, 2011
It's a clever ruse to put out the word that Dunk is really only average. Except that it is likely to attract a huge bid from Liverpool

I was concerned when we didn't sign a new defender with El-Abd out, but Dunk has come into his own this season. I no longer worry about us defensively and there is no way El-Abd will be anything more than defensive cover on his injury return (although a welcome addition in an area we lack a bit of squad depth in right now).

A real talent being realised in front of our eyes, he will grow with the club and I will enjoy watching the making of a real star.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Dear Mr Redknapp,

Lewis Dunk is not good enough for the Championship, let alone the Premiership. It's best that you don't bid for him and let us slide back into the clutches of League 1.

Thank you.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Dear Mr Redknapp,

Lewis Dunk is not good enough for the Championship, let alone the Premiership. It's best that you don't bid for him and let us slide back into the clutches of League 1.

Thank you.

Yes. Also Mr Redknapp, he was rubbish yesterday against Bristol and it was surprising we didn't lose because of him. His positioning was terrible. He won nothing in the air. Can't control the ball. Can't make a tackle (let alone 2 or 3 in quick succession...the sort that really get noticed), no anticipation and he's small, weak, slow and has a bad attitude.

Best to look elsewhere!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The cat is well and truly out of the bag.

Redknapp and Bruce both commented on him. Man City had a scout at the game yesterday according to Warren Aspinall.

And Gus himself said Dunk would play in the Premiership one day - and that was before he had made a single first team appearance. He has also pushed him forward publicly for England U21.

He caught the eye on a few occasions last season, but this season he has really come into his own.

The sky is the limit for Dunk and people in high places have started to take notice. If he has a good game against Liverpool, maybe king Kenny will come calling....

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Dear Mr Redknapp, if you want a reference from someone outside of Brighton re: Dunk, can I please direct you to Doncaster's Billy Sharp? Thanks.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think everyone is getting the wrong end of the stick here.

The FA have already had a word in Harry's shell-like about taking over as England manager, Harry is only asking to have a word with Pearce about an U21 call-up!!

Seriously an U21 call-up can't be far off, surely playing on a regular basis for the team top of the Championship is better experience than playing Premier League reserve games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here