Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Having said that White is evens to go to Leeds. These transfer rumours can be influenced by fairly small bets, but you would hope that the odds would be fading, not tightening. Seems as if Chelsea are in for everyone if you read the press.

I'd say the Leeds odds have tightened as its been widely reported that official bids have been made (although rejected) so interest is concrete. With Dunk although interest reported, no official bids made that we are aware of. As you say small bets can have a big influence. Hoping its more down to their terrible defence against Munich than anything official

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
As has been mentioned several times previously, the biggest indicator is that Lewis Dunk hasn't been included in any of Brighton's marketing material for the season ahead.
Odds of 1/3 about him moving to Chelsea are also very telling.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
1-3 on showing on Sky bet doesn’t sound like good news for us . Unless the fee is £50m that goes into our transfer budget .

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
If we lost White and Dunk we would really be screwed. If Leeds and Chelsea put in huge bids, would Bloom turn down something like £90mil?

I hope he would as I dont know who we would be able to sign as replacements, plus it would show intent.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don’t understand Dunky’s odds. Chelsea have refocused on White, and Dunky was not their top target anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As has been mentioned several times previously, the biggest indicator is that Lewis Dunk hasn't been included in any of Brighton's marketing material for the season ahead.
Odds of 1/3 about him moving to Chelsea are also very telling.

Could be insider info, shirley? Chelsea, apparently want to sell before they buy, and if a deal involving Dunk has already been agreed informally it is in out interest to make it happen as late as possible so that any club we might be trying to buy someone from won't be able to turn round and say, "Yes, but what about that £30M you got for Dunk; you can add some more of that to your bid before we'll talk."

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Lawro was the business from the moment we signed him, even though I was just a kid I can still recall him signing with Williams. Great in the air, decent pace, a brilliant defender and accomplished passing.

Won a bucketload of the greatest honours in the game.

Yep. Far and away the greatest Albion player I've ever seen. Every single game he played well, no weaknesses, could play midfield and even upfront as well as defence. Crappy pundit, though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Odds mean **** all. Only time there happened to be truth was Lallana - apart from that, which was prob a mate of his or someone who knew having their £20 max bet, they mean nothing!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The sun? Fantastic, that’s confirmed he’s staying then.

Not really sure Chelsea could afford another signing at such expense anyhow, not without selling players first.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Normally quite accurate to be honest

OK they also say Duffy loan is 5m everywhere else says 2m. Then a bullshit bit on White. The figure for Dunk is less than anyone else quoted, plus it's a re-hash of other reports.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
CHELSEA are closing on a £40million swoop for Brighton defender Lewis Dunk.

Okay

'And his exit is set to be confirmed if Chelsea can match the Seagulls’ valuation'

The inference was that it has already happened

'And Dunk, a consistent performer in Brighton’s three seasons back in the top flight, is now emerging as the leading candidate'

Leading candidate ? Hold on, I thought this was about to happen.

'But Dunk is a lifelong Chelsea fan and believes he is on his way to Stamford Bridge'

I think he'd be a bit confused if he read that article

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Normally quite accurate to be honest

Nope. Since 2006...

Annotation 2020-08-15 233743.png

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Try running it for
Last few years.

That's since 2006.

Additionally, BBC 2018 study had The Sun outside the top 5, so still likely less than 30% at very best.

Obviously don't know if Chelsea are in for Dunk, but I would never use The Sun for confirmation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here