Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No thanks. Not better than our other options, IMO.

In fact, if Ben White is not significantly better than Fikayo Tomori, we’d have been daft not to take Leeds’ second offer.

100% this. Our lovely academy system will be completely undermined if every time a young academy graduate looks ready for first team football we get in a young player from somewhere else to jump in ahead of them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It almost seems too fantastical to suggest, but imagine what a deal this would be if we lose Dunk, but potentially get Giroud or Tammy heading the other way.

I’d be delighted if it was Abraham, I’m not so fussed for Giroud but he’d probably do well with Maupay.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

This wouldn’t be ‘getting rid’.....it’d be very much a case of allowing Dunk to try to achieve his ambitions. I don’t think we should stand in his way if that’s what he wants and the deal is a good one.

We’re gradually moving up the food chain but for now will be susceptible to our very best players being attractive to the top teams that can offer something we can’t (European football, more money, international chances etc). The great thing is now we’re clearly a much better attraction for players than we were even a couple of seasons ago and getting to a point where it’s perhaps ONLY the top 6 or so that we’re losing out to. Lallana is perhaps an example of that. It’s only those like the deluded Leeds fans that don’t realise this yet.

All of this is true but, sorry Dunky, club before ANY player. He IS our most valuable player, so the deal has to be very good indeed, or no sale. IMHO £40m is too low. £50m yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I’d be delighted if it was Abraham, I’m not so fussed for Giroud but he’d probably do well with Maupay.

Agree. Both unlikely due to wages and relative stature of the clubs. Both Abraham and Giroud could and would have their pick of much bigger clubs, and better paying clubs, than ours.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'd want at least £50m for Dunk. Especially if White is valued at £30m.

Snap! Just wrote same thing.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Snap! Just wrote same thing.

Didn’t city pay 40 mill for Ake?? Dunk is way better than him.

Declan Rice is being valued at £80m! Dunk's 28 years old. For a defender, he's got plenty of years ahead and I'm starting to wonder if there's any English centre backs better than him? £40m in todays market isn't huge money. Let's hope there's a decent player exchange in with the £40m.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Criticising a player is hardly controversial.

And it’s not to most people here. But there’s a small group (fan clubs and poster boys) who will leap to the defence of any player and shut down any discussion on the matter.

It shouldn’t be controversial, because it’s a discussion amongst fans on a forum.

Of course there are differing opinions - nothing wrong with it. The sooner some get to grips with that concept the better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would be such a Brighton thing to do spend £30m on a keeper and give Murray another year :lolol:
We've already given Murray another year, I believe. As for Henderson, if United haven't recalled him to replace De Gea I suspect they'll be looking for rather more than thirty million for him - for clubs like United, the notion of transfer fees start in the fifty to 100 million bracket!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s now or never for Dunk if he’s gonna move. Obviously hope he stays but there’s serious noises now. Although the Sun article doesn’t say much, so still not fully convinced. Also, we’re assuming Lewis would want to move to Chelsea. I’d imagine he would, but would be with a heavy heart, but there’s a fair chance he’d rather stay where he’s settled and loved...!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We can sell them Dunk this Summer for £50m and then sell them White in two years time for £100m to replace him.

50 million is the figure I’d be happy with, 40 seems meh, he’s so important to us and we can’t put all our hope on young Ben White, who’s yet to start a premier league match.

Dunk has been the difference between survival and relegation for several years now.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
That raises a very good question.

What do professional footballers play football for?

To play to the highest standard to the best of their ability?
To win lots of trophies?
To earn lots of money?
Because they enjoy doing something they are good at (with a combination of the 3 above)?

He is a mad Chelsea fan, who has shown nothing but loyalty to the club that has nurtured him since he was a kid. Football has many rewards, I would imagine going as far as you can with the club that raised you is a tick in one box, when you are as good as he is there are several more potential rewards and at 28 his time is running out. I for one will not question his ethics or loyalty if he moves on.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He is a mad Chelsea fan, who has shown nothing but loyalty to the club that has nurtured him since he was a kid. Football has many rewards, I would imagine going as far as you can with the club that raised you is a tick in one box, when you are as good as he is there are several more potential rewards and at 28 his time is running out. I for one will not question his ethics or loyalty if he moves on.

Nor me, I was just posing the question as to what motivates a professional footballer.

One club players like Matt Le Tissier get criticised for lacking drive or ambition, or being scared of making the step up. Equally those players are admired by some for their loyalty to a club that has paid them well down the years...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here