Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk signs for four more years

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Yep, good news. We don't want another loss like Elphick and Cook.

Both of those are better and more reliable than Dunk. They were wanted by another team and have done well with far more championship games under their belts. Sorry to be negative but he is still 3rd choice and will not feature much for the first team this season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Both of those are better and more reliable than Dunk. They were wanted by another team and have done well with far more championship games under their belts. Sorry to be negative but he is still 3rd choice and will not feature much for the first team this season.

I tend to agree with that, unless Dunk can play in goal!?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Must have been given reassurances of game time and not being 4th choice and stuck in the DS again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yay - means we'll get more money when we sell him. Has no bearing whatsoever on how long he will be at the club.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yay - means we'll get more money when we sell him. Has no bearing whatsoever on how long he will be at the club.

No bearing whatsoever? He is a local lad, and has just signed a four year deal. I would suggest that this is because he wants to commit his future to his local club.

If he turns out to be truly brilliant, then, yes, he'll be off, and we'll cash in. For the time being, he has committed a sizeable chunk of his future to us.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Extremely subjective.

Plus Elphick and Cook have both had a career total of 38 matches each on The Championship.

Dunk has had 47.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great news!

CB's need time to learn their trade more than any other position on the pitch. Lewis is still young and still learning, but personally I think he has excellent potential. I always notice how skillful he is in the tight little pre match/half time warm up games. This translates to him having time and confidence on the ball, and he'll never ever be a hoof baller. Although he may be prone to loss of concentration at times this will improve with age and experience, along with his positional sense and reading of the game. Keep him playing regular alongside an experienced CB like Greer, and Dunk has a very bright future ahead of him I reckon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good stuff, indeed.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A wee baby and a four year deal all within a week. The lad must be made over! Good for him I say! (And good for us too).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I don't disagree with you. Whilst he may not be better, I still think he will develop into a decent centre-back for us.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Two inches taller than Cook and four inches taller than Elf and he's made nearly all his appearances (bar 5) in the Championship and still only 22. He is also a bloody good footballing centre half with some pace. If Cook's worth £3m... watch this space.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Good news. Still have very high hopes for Dunk. Was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable he looked when handed the occasional chance in the league and cup last season, given his progress had been understandably thwarted somewhat by the less-than-smooth 10 months previous to that. QPR at home I seem to recall he was superb. Really hope to see him nail a starting spot alongside one of Hughes or Greer this year.

I know he's not everyone's favourite bloke these days, but I'll always remember how highly Gus spoke of an 18-year-old Dunk after his debut for us in 2010: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/9006304.stm (includes audio)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Great player. Great potential. A great move by the club. Well, everything's just GREAT!!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Greer and Hughes to start with Dunk ready in the wings, sounds sorted.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here