Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - rave reviews

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I would suggest that his new contract has a very hefty minimum release clause to keep both sides happy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could do one day soon but he needs to get ahead of any that play for Utd or Chelsea regardless of form, like many other English CB's that deserve a cap or two. Plenty of time though. It's easy to forget that he's only 25 this year (unless I'm mistaken).

First and foremost, he needs to get himself, (and I hope the Albion), into the Premier League. Then and only then will he ever get a real chance to play for his country.

I'm just amazed that so many people have only just woken up to what a class defender Dunky really is. That clever little pass he made with the outside of his foot to lay on one of our goals today, you would normally never see a centre half make.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just had a call from an old Wednesday supporting mate checking if I'd gone up today (I haven't). He's a season ticket holder and (unprompted) said that Dunk's performance today was the best he'd seen at Hillsborough this season.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
First and foremost, he needs to get himself, (and I hope the Albion), into the Premier League. Then and only then will he ever get a real chance to play for his country.

I'm just amazed that so many people have only just woken up to what a class defender Dunky really is. That clever little pass he made with the outside of his foot to lay on one of our goals today, you would normally never see a centre half make.

That's true, throughly sadly we're in an age where English cb's in the PL are far and few between (off the top of my head at least).

Agreed, He's had the class for a while now but gets a bad rep when he falls victim to symptoms of being a defender. It's not for the want of trying though.

I wasn't there today but for those that were it must have been a joy to behold. :clap2:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Great business from the club getting him to sign the new 5 year contract.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I thought Everton might have targeted Dunk as a replacement for Stones. He's not dissimilar, a proper ball playing centre half. Now that he has eliminated the silly errors from his game, he's has to be worth £20m all day long in today's market.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
He's just an incredible player now. We've been very fortunate to watch his development over a long time. He inevitably will move on probably in the next year or so unless we're promoted perhaps. Even then he's good enough to play for a big team. How many centre backs have his all round quality? He's brilliant in the air, not too slow for someone 6'4". Has amazing anticipation, is great coming across and cutting out attacks, dribbles the ball toward, has developed an awesome long pass, he slings it diagonally like a quarterback, he's Hoddle-esque in his accuracy. There's no one certainly not English centre backs with his all round game. If I were a Chelsea scout I'd be haranging the manager to sign him as a replacement for John Terry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I have to say he reminds me a little of John Terry in his positioning and shape but Lewis is a better passer, the more experience he gains will develop him into an elite CB.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He is the complete performer now. I am glad he is being recognised for his class. Funnily enough he is at his best but he is not scoring less....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here