Lewes v Newport

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
did it kick offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff u mean

I was there.

A disappointing result.

:(

I have, however, now resumed my support for Lewes.
:)

Incidentally, the bar was closed before and during the game - so we had to watch it through a haze of sobriety.

P.S. I'd like Steve King to abandon his tactic of getting 1-0 up inside 12 minutes and then defending deep for the rest of the game. It's way too risky. Who does he think he is - Peter Taylor?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I was there.

A disappointing result.

I have, however, now resumed my support for Lewes.
:)

Incidentally, the bar was closed before and during the game - so we had to watch it through a haze of sobriety.

P.S. I'd like Steve King to abandon his tactic of getting 1-0 up inside 12 minutes and then defending deep for the rest of the game. It's way too risky. Who does he think he is - Peter Taylor?

Does the Dripping Pan now meet the standard for the Conference Premier ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
would have been at the game on friday Basingstoke? if albion were not playing!

would have been at the game on friday Basingstoke? if albion were not playing!
Not Basingstoke. Welling.

It was interesting that the official reason for shifting the Lewes v Newport County game to Sunday was that it would stretch the resources of Sussex Police too much if the Lewes game was played at the same time as a match at Withdean.

This argument doesn't apply on Friday night. Presumably because of the well deserved reputation of Millwall fans for good behaviour.

Incidentally ... there was no trouble (or sign of it) at the Dripping Pan on Sunday.

There was a spat last season between the two clubs about alleged racist abuse involving players. And a couple of seasons back, there was some trouble from Newport fans.

The Newport County establishment were not best pleased with the game being switched to Sunday this year.

My view - it's time to bury the hatchets.

coops

Dec 28, 2005
newhaven
Was there yesterday as well as at the albion match the day before.

Lewes game was poor - low crowd and no atmosphere.

Most exciting thing was there rather large manager getting upset at end of game and giving "the bird" to the home fans. Might find himself in trouble with the FA me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here