Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Darlington Ticket Arrangements

From Rook Squawk:-

The FA Cup 1st Round Tie against Darlington will be held at the Dripping Pan on Saturday November 11th. Kick off will be at 2pm.

The match will be strictly ALL-TICKET limited to 2,000 spectators. No tickets will be on sale on the day. Darlington will be entitled to take up 15% of these tickets ie 300.

Prices will be:-
Seated in the New Stand:- £20
Standing in the Philcox Stand:- £15
OAP's and U16's:- £8

Almost all of the 560 new seats are now in place in the New Stand and the remaining works will be completed before the game.

Tickets will go on sale on a 1st come, 1st served basis at the Dripping Pan on Saturday morning November 4th from 8:30am to 12:30. Thereafter, tickets may be purchased from the usual Lewes FC outlets such as Philcox Bros in Castle Gate and Intersport during office hours.

Season tickets holders are guaranteed a ticket should they wish to attend. If you cannot collect your ticket but would like to reserve your place, please call Steve White on 07967 806930 during office hours.

Edit - with update and corrections:-

A slight alteration has been made to the above information. Tickets will be on sale to season ticket holders only between 8 and 9 on Saturday, and to everyone else from 9 until 12. If they are able to do so, it would be much appreciated if they made the most of this opportunity rather than reserving their tickets via Steve. Tickets will not be available at either Intersport or Philcox's offices until the Monday, and of course will only be available at all if they are not all sold on Saturday at the ground.

There will be some who will complain about the ticket prices, so please bear the following in mind:

1. Half of the gate receipts go to the opposition in FA Cup games. We also have to pay Darlington's expenses, and as an example of the kind of money we are talking about, the charge (set by the FA) per mile that they travel is £6. (by my reckoning that's over £3000 on travel alone, plus they are entitled to an overnight tsay at our expense) So effectively the amount of money deposited in our bank account is no more than we might earn from a league game with Eastbourne Borough, based on last year's attendance. Also under FA regulations we are not allowed to have the bar open during the game, and the logistics of opening for just 15 minutes at half time are tricky, given that no drinks can be taken out of the bar and the shutters have to be down as soon as the game restarts, so there will be a two hour period when no money will be taken there.

2. This is an historic occasion - not only will it mark the opening of the new stand, it is also the first ever FA Cup 1st round tie at the Pan in 121 years. However to make this happen, a lot of work will need to be done at very short notice, and this will involve signifcant additional expense. It is hoped that everyone will feel that a higher ticket price is preferable to playing the game at another nearby location, even supposing that they were prepared to let us stage the tie there.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Hopefully it will be a sell out. C'MON YOU ROOOOOOOKS !

Woodchip said:
Unfortunate timing for the opening day for ticket sales. Same day as the Bonfire celebrations.
My guess is that they know that plenty of local supporters will be up and about early on Saturday, preparing for the evening's festivities, and dropping into the Dripping Pan will be an easy thing to do.

The timing suits the traditional Bracknell Bonfire Breakfast gathering very well... if we were thinking of buying tickets.

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
BensGrandad said:
Who really cares about Lewes I would rather get tickets to watch my club.

Yeah sod em and every other football club in the county. Its not like we need all the support we can get from floating supporters at the moment is it, so why should we support them with a bit of csah through the gates?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
1). How many tickets per person can be purchased?...

2). Can someone get me one if at all possible? If so, PM me.

3). Many Thanks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Trigger said:
1). How many tickets per person can be purchased?...

2). Can someone get me one if at all possible? If so, PM me.

3). Many Thanks.

http://lewesfc.proboards32.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1162324882

"As I understand it, season ticket holders will (within reason) be allowed to buy as many tickets as they like. As for ground and player passes, I will get an answer for you by tomorrow morning. Although season ticket holders will be given the first opportunity to buy as many tickets as they need, there are no plans at this stage to limit anyone to a certain number of tickets if they need more than one. I for one would certainly be very disappointed if this were abused by people trying to make a quick buck, but hopefully this will not happen. "

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sorry to be the one who spoils everything but insider said he thinks it will be a 3PM Saturday kick-off for us.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
RM-Taylor said:
Sorry to be the one who spoils everything but insider said he thinks it will be a 3PM Saturday kick-off for us.
So as I was saying, is ANYBODY able to pick me up a Lewes ticket this Saturday?...

???

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seagulls over Lewes said:
See what I can do Simon but only if you start voting for Paul Booth.
Nipping to the shop shortly for some back up batteries for my mouse then I will be on the case again...

The Large One said:
Just how lazy is your arse going to get? You only live one train stop away.
One and a half... But I have plans this Saturday AM...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here