Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes FC V Albion 05/07/2014 OFFICIAL PRE-MATCH THREAD

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Anyone know of any good restaurants in Lewes? Me and the old boy are going by train but we'd like to have a nice meal before the match.

Jul 7, 2003
I hope that the pitch has improved - I played on it in the middle of May and it was very bumpy, especially in the penalty areas.

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone know of any good restaurants in Lewes? Me and the old boy are going by train but we'd like to have a nice meal before the match.

Head down to The Snowdrop - good quality food at reasonable prices and wide selection of beer.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Be nice if it was put on the Clubs live You tube channel, like the DS matches. As it's sold out. The Clubs cameras are bound to be there, as Sami will need to watch the video replay.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Don't forget the annoying rule that even though game is hosted at Pan and a friendly, beer won't be allowed "in view of the pitch" so that means a very busy club house.

When we play league games and cup games against other non-league clubs beer can be drunk in view of the game (on the terrace). There is an Act of Parliament which prohibits beer to be drunk thusly when one or both of the teams competing is a member of the football league (referring to the tip four divisions). It doesn't matter whether the game is a friendly, league or cup. I believe it is the Sporting Events (football) Act -

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../guidelines-sporting-events-england-wales.pdf

Also, if you rent a sixteen seat minibus for an away game and get your mates along for the ride, if you chose to go see the Sussex Sharks play a T20 game, then get the beers on board, no worries (obviously not the driver!) but if you go to an away game to watch the Albion then you are breaking the law if anyone brings even a Shandy Bass with them. The way around that is to take one of the seats out. So long as it has fewer than sixteen you can stick a micro-brewery in the back for all the Law cares.

Anyhow, sorry about the beer situation at the Pan tomorrow. Not our fault. blame it on the rowdy scousers etc back in the 70s/80s.

Hope to see some of you there, and a massive huge thanks to all who attend and the Albion management for agreeing to it and letting us keep all the profit. We should earn £30k tomorrow which is huge for us. Our total season budget for player fees is only £75,000. Really nice to see the regional big club look kindly on grass-roots football.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"Buckley forced off with hamstring injury" - Thought I would save someone time. Just cut and paste when appropriate...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone know of my Shoreham to Victoria season ticket will let me out at Lewes?

Unlikely, you will need a ticket from Brighton to Lewes

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Looks, from the forecast I've just seen, that the rain will hold off during the match.

Can't wait. It's been toooooooooo long.

UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here