Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewes Community Football Club Is An Absolute Breath Of Fresh Air

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went to Lewes on Saturday. Enjoyed it because went with a few friends and hadnt been there for a long time. but please dont try and tell me there is any comparison to watching Albion. We were supporting Lewes and glad they won. However standard surprislngly poor .Not much better then park football but very much fitter. We now aim to visit Whitehawk, Eastbourne Bor, Worthing, Horsham, Burgess Hill and Bognor. Let me know if I have left any out

Haywards Heath........

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I went to Lewes on Saturday. Enjoyed it because went with a few friends and hadnt been there for a long time. but please dont try and tell me there is any comparison to watching Albion. We were supporting Lewes and glad they won. However standard surprislngly poor .Not much better then park football but very much fitter. We now aim to visit Whitehawk, Eastbourne Bor, Worthing, Horsham, Burgess Hill and Bognor. Let me know if I have left any out

If you really want to dive into the non league rabbit hole, you can try the county league premier, great little clubs like Eastbourne Town, Hassocks, Steyning Town, East Preston, and most importantly all the ones I listed have a bar!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are Lewes allowing a reduced attendance at the dripping pan then?

Reduced capacity and can't POTG as far as I know.........tickets sold online

Think the men's team are allowing something like 400 in - in another example of how stupid the rules are, the women's team (who typically get c300 watching) aren't allowed any fans at all because they are in Tier 2, classified as 'elite' and Govnt rules apply. They are streaming all mens and womens games with commentary on the club website.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Amazed how many people on an Albion website don't appear to be Brighton fans at all? No one other than a couple of rich Americans can be happy with 'events' but I find it incredible that so many are willing to give up 'supporting' 'their' club because of machiavellian moves made by others. We fought long and hard to exist as a football club and Bloom and his team have taken us to heights we thought we would never see again. Are they perfect? No. A lot of what is done I disapprove of.

PPV is wrong especially at the price quoted but what do people expect from the club? Staying in the division is hard enough without surrendering competitive advantage to others even if we could opt out. After all of the drama and grief of so many to get to where we are people want to bail out? Fine, that is your prerogative but Brighton and Hove Albion supporters you aren't...

Do, for 60 years I’ve been a plastic fan at the Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer.
Sorry Superfan.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
See a handful of Lewes games before (years ago) and to be totally honest, i found it all rather boring as i just couldn't get excited about watching a team that i had no passion for or real interest in.

Dull games, dull atmosphere and poor skill and this was at a time when they were flying up the leagues.

I had the opposite experience.

Became a Lewes owner last year and only went to two games. I enjoyed it.

Then again, I'll watch anything that involves two teams kicking a ball about. I even stop to watch park football.

At least I know the Lewes cash isn't going towards agents and over-inflated salaries.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can not see many NSCers getting in with them to be honest. Especially given how a lot of them think we have a terrible squad and our current performances have been so bad. Just imagine the vitriol when they see Lewes play.

You clearly hate everyone on this board considering all you ever post about is how everyone on here is an idiot, why don't you just stop coming here?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry Superfan.

Don't recall calling you or anyone else a plastic nor am I a superfan but you tell me what sort of fan wants to go and watch other clubs and withdraw their support and hand over their ST for reasons nothing to do with the club they apparently 'supported' until the weekend?

Supporter isn't a word I'd use for that but each to their own.

If I decided to go and 'support' Lewes or anyone else I'd also not find it necessary to come onto the website of the club I supported until yesterday to tell their supporters I was leaving? Grandstanding of the highest order but you crack on old son...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Amazed how many people on an Albion website don't appear to be Brighton fans at all? No one other than a couple of rich Americans can be happy with 'events' but I find it incredible that so many are willing to give up 'supporting' 'their' club because of machiavellian moves made by others. We fought long and hard to exist as a football club and Bloom and his team have taken us to heights we thought we would never see again. Are they perfect? No. A lot of what is done I disapprove of.

PPV is wrong especially at the price quoted but what do people expect from the club? Staying in the division is hard enough without surrendering competitive advantage to others even if we could opt out. After all of the drama and grief of so many to get to where we are people want to bail out? Fine, that is your prerogative but Brighton and Hove Albion supporters you aren't...

Interesting pov. I was born in Cuckfield and grew up in Haywards Heath (obviously both in Sussex). As a young kid with no family interested in football (so not much influence) I had a full Ipswich kit in 1983, then started watching HH at 14 with mates, then graduated to going to the Albion as the biggest Sussex club (glory hunter i was in 1987.....). Spent the last 25 years living in Brighton. I love the Albion, I've been there for them and them for me through thick and thin, going regularly throughout the years,although only affording a season ticket last few years. I basically didn't care what division we're in I'll always watch them.

However, the way I feel about the Premier League could mean in future I'll just follow the Albion on MOTD and live streams (basically not paying a penny) and move to watching local football somewhere also in Sussex. I mean I wasn't physically born in Brighton, it depends how "micro" you go I guess.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Must admit I love going to local county football. Will be at Shoreham on Saturday for the Littlehampton game (only £5) and no prima donna players.

With all that's going on at the top level of the game I for one hope there will be a resurgence in people supporting their real local teams (especially when the Albion are away).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry Superfan.

But he/she has a point. On another thread “fans” are talking of walking away from the club because of (the voluntary) PPV

Perhaps those fans feel less important and less influential than they did in the late Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean years.

It’s fine to follow a local team because that was where you were born, or now live, etc. but don’t do it believing you are some sort of activist or modern day Robin Hood. Oh, they sell Harvey’s and vegan Pies, won’t that sound good in the pub.or community centre

Not a dig at you Thunderbolt, just hooking onto your post

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lewes capacity is 450 and you have to choose which side of the ground to go in. The 'pies' side has seats and an uncovered terrace. The 'fries' side has the covered Philcox terrace behind the goal which has arguably the best view in all of football - a steep covered terrace with a backdrop of Mount Caburn. Both sides have access to the Rook Inn before, during and after the game and pints can be taken on to the terraces/stands.

Next game is Tuesday 20th 745 v Merstham. £12 and no booking fee. https://www.tickettailor.com/events/lewesfootballclub2/

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Someone has to attempt to counter the absolute negativity that this board exudes.

But the fans still want us to spend tens of millions in a striker? But they don't want to have to pay for it?

NSC: whaaa whaaaa whaaa why won't we spend tens of millions on a striker and pay them huges wages. The club are so cheap whaaa whaaaa whaaaa
Also NSC: Pay to watch a game!? Get ****ed the money grabbing ********!

Seriously could not make this up :shrug:

LOL. This is another thread full of old fuddy duddy stuck in their ways fun-police posters that is typical of the users of NSC!

I would disagree. The amount of people on here moaning over how the club is run kind of dismantles your argument. Fortunately NSC is a very narrow-minded small section of Brighton fans and probably the most hysterical.

From the recent wailing a screaming on here I was assuming the overwhelming answer would be everton last weekend!?

Most certainly NOT an unpopular opinion. Most sensible fans think the same. Only the idiot bedwetters and alike are moaning.

This is fine apart from certain racist nazi sections of NSC do not respond to considered response but, instead, post more vile hatred.
As the mods do not step in and ban them it would be nice for NSC to have a way of showing it does not agree with these views.

You lot are SO predicable with your bedwetting and meltdowns and lack of ability to look at the bigger picture rather than just the immediate game. It is so embarrassing and depressing.

In the last week alone, not even including the random condescending bullshit you post every time we don't win. You're a lot smarter and are a much better fan than anyone who posts here, not sure why you lower yourself to doing so, we are not worthy.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Interesting pov. I was born in Cuckfield and grew up in Haywards Heath (obviously both in Sussex). As a young kid with no family interested in football (so not much influence) I had a full Ipswich kit in 1983, then started watching HH at 14 with mates, then graduated to going to the Albion as the biggest Sussex club (glory hunter i was in 1987.....). Spent the last 25 years living in Brighton. I love the Albion, I've been there for them and them for me through thick and thin, going regularly throughout the years,although only affording a season ticket last few years. I basically didn't care what division we're in I'll always watch them.

However, the way I feel about the Premier League could mean in future I'll just follow the Albion on MOTD and live streams (basically not paying a penny) and move to watching local football somewhere also in Sussex. I mean I wasn't physically born in Brighton, it depends how "micro" you go I guess.

To me that's a perfectly reasonable reaction. Even football clubs have no divine right to support or to attendance. That is surely a personal choice? I object to the I'm now supporting Lewes/Whitehawk/Hassocks/Ragged arse rangers because Brighton are a disgrace because of things that they have no control over and not only that I want EVERYONE on a Brighton website to know all about it!

In other words look at me! Over here! Me! That's appears to be the aim of a number on this site.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Saturday I will be watching Newhaven vs Alford with my two Nephews and Sunday I will be watching Palace vs Albion on the TV. When we can go back to watching live elite football we will be going to watch Albion women as well. When Newhaven and Brighton clash, I will be listening to Brighton on the radio whilst Watching Newhaven. I can't Justify paying the money for the first team. I would also like to go to the u23 games but I don't think I would be able to without having a season ticket.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To me that's a perfectly reasonable reaction. Even football clubs have no divine right to support or to attendance. That is surely a personal choice? I object to the I'm now supporting Lewes/Whitehawk/Hassocks/Ragged arse rangers because Brighton are a disgrace because of things that they have no control over and not only that I want EVERYONE on a Brighton website to know all about it!

In other words look at me! Over here! Me! That's appears to be the aim of a number on this site.

I’m binning my season ticket after this season for, amongst others, the following reasons;.

VAR
Cheating by players on the pitch
Cheating by referees on the pitch
The EPL circus [emoji1782]
Fixture date changes
The general obscenity that is represented by the PPV explanation, supported by the board of our club.

There are plenty of other niggles, most of which have come to light since our rise to the EPL.

I’ll never not be a Brighton fan, but supporting them these days, Regardless of COVID, gives me little joy.

I love watching non league football, I’d say my colours are tied to two other masts these days, I’ll probably buy a season ticket to both sides, I’ll still have plenty of change from not paying for a ST at the Amex.

I hope that helps you dissect those of us who have a different opinion and point of view to you.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I had the opposite experience.

Became a Lewes owner last year and only went to two games. I enjoyed it.

Then again, I'll watch anything that involves two teams kicking a ball about. I even stop to watch park football.

At least I know the Lewes cash isn't going towards agents and over-inflated salaries.

Dont kid yourself. You will be surprised how much players are paid and where your money goes.. Hope agents not involved but would not be surprised . At Lewes level players will play following season for whoever pays them most.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’m binning my season ticket after this season for, amongst others, the following reasons;.

VAR
Cheating by players on the pitch
Cheating by referees on the pitch
The EPL circus [emoji1782]
Fixture date changes
The general obscenity that is represented by the PPV explanation, supported by the board of our club.

There are plenty of other niggles, most of which have come to light since our rise to the EPL.

I’ll never not be a Brighton fan, but supporting them these days, Regardless of COVID, gives me little joy.

I love watching non league football, I’d say my colours are tied to two other masts these days, I’ll probably buy a season ticket to both sides, I’ll still have plenty of change from not paying for a ST at the Amex.

I hope that helps you dissect those of us who have a different opinion and point of view to you.

To a degree I agree with you. What I find strange is the need to announce it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here