Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Didn’t get any minutes vs Newcastle either
Yes, but he played most of the game against us. He's also only just finished the U21 competition a few weeks ago. Chelsea have another game in a couple of days.
So without bursting all our expectations, this may just be squad rotation and getting many players up to speed as possible.
I would love it if he came back, but still doubt it would happen

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Suspect that is reference to the players they've sold plus Sterling among others. I would shit myself if we get Colwill back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. But there are scenarios where we lose Moises and don't get Levi. Be good to get this sorted either way.
If Chelsea stump up the 100 million they could end up with Levi and Moises I accept. I just get the feeling that Levi is pushing to come back to the Albion. This could run for a few more weeks :down:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes, but he played most of the game against us. He's also only just finished the U21 competition a few weeks ago. Chelsea have another game in a couple of days.
So without bursting all our expectations, this may just be squad rotation and getting many players up to speed as possible.
I would love it if he came back, but still doubt it would happen
He is no doubt being rotated (I’m not saying he’s been dropped) but I’m not sure this is meeting his involvement expectations.

We will see

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Suspect that is reference to the players they've sold plus Sterling among others. I would shit myself if we get Colwill back.

You maybe right, Sterling was such a bad signing for them

I'm sure that in a previous presser Poch also said they were only looking to bring one midfielder in. So if they do get Caicedo, it may give us a free run at Kudus. (Ignoring Arsenal's interest)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You maybe right, Sterling was such a bad signing for them

I'm sure that in a previous presser Poch also said they were only looking to bring one midfielder in. So if they do get Caicedo, it may give us a free run at Kudus. (Ignoring Arsenal's interest)
I thought Sterling looked one of their better players against us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I thought Sterling looked one of their better players against us
Interesting I thought he was shit I liked the right back although he probably won’t start ahead of James. Colwill was having difficulty with Lallana and then Pedro is he really worth £40m? I’m not to sure. I can see why Poch may be concerned with Colwill after that display.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly as predicted by just a few on nsc over recent months. The Chavs were never going to allow him to leave and Colwill would eventually fall for the $$$$. No way was he going to sulk in the reserves for two years on shit pay.

IMG_0197.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly as predicted by just a few on nsc over recent months. The Chavs were never going to allow him to leave and Colwill would eventually fall for the $$$$. No way was he going to sulk in the reserves for two years on shit pay.

View attachment 164321
Our persistence has done him a big favour in his contract negotiations. Equally, the Chelsea stance has hardened Tony’s position on Caicedo - no Colwill and the price isn’t going to be negotiable.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

View attachment 164321
Chelsea clearly have fed Romano that info.

Jury is out on Colwill signing with Chelsea buying yet another young top French centre back.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Chelsea clearly have fed Romano that info.

Jury is out on Colwill signing with Chelsea buying yet another young top French centre back.

Thing is, having signed Igor, I'd see Colwill as backup/rotation here also.
I truly think the Colwill ship has sailed and hope we've created such a storm that he's able to demand a king's ransom to put his career on hold on the chavs bench.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Colwill was always likely staying there, but if a new contract there is the final nail in the coffin, then it will just harden Bloom's stance on Caicedo. & we potentially already have our alternative with Igor. It would have been nice to get Colwill but we're on good shape on this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And for those that think that sort of thing matters, his Instagram profile pic is now also of him playing for Chelsea.

We had no chance of getting him the moment they appointed Pochettino.

Exactly.

Poch has only ever won at one-horse-race PSG. But has the Pep/Klopp gift of charismatic man-management, selling a dream to Colwill.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
The main thing he seems to be about is game time, so I guess it depends on whether Pochettino has given him some indication he’ll get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here