Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No need to say ‘no chance’ or ‘just accept it’ - nobody is hanging their lives on signing the lad. He was decent but not be all and end all decent either. Not building false hope by waiting and seeing what he decides. Chill everyone 😘
Completely this. Weird how antsy some people get about having to wait a little while for a potential deal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Chelsea fans are notoriously hard of thinking. One guy seemed to think he was "one of our best players ever" during his season on loan.

Now don't get me wrong, he was very good indeed and a regular in one of our best teams ever but to me Dunk was far and away our best CB last season in terms of consistency and bringing along the likes of Colwill, Webster, JP etc
They won't have it when you suggest that (at present) Dunk is the superior CB. Was the same with Arsenal fans with White vs Dunk. Newcastle and Burn etc etc.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Out of interest, anyone on here know how Chelsea finished up FFP wise at the end of June after their summer sales? They seem to be in the market for more spending, so assume they are carrying on regardless till they get a transfer embargo (maybe?).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think the Premier League are trolling Chelsea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710-123000.png
    Screenshot_20230710-123000.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 363

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just having a poke around Twitter and Levi was suggested as someone to follow.

It's interesting that he still has his "Delighted to join Albion" tweet pinned to the top of his feed, even though he has been active with tweeting England stuff in the last 24 hours.
Still has himself in a Brighton shirt as his Instagram profile pic. Could be meaningless but he’s very active on there and hasn’t exactly made any moves to makes himself seem a Chelsea player.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Still has himself in a Brighton shirt as his Instagram profile pic. Could be meaningless but he’s very active on there and hasn’t exactly made any moves to makes himself seem a Chelsea player.

After winning the U21 Euros, when Madueke puts his arm around Levi and announces to the camera that "I will make sure he comes back" to Chelsea, Levi wriggles free and can be heard saying "this guy's an idiot".

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If that is the case our number one priority should be Arthur Theate from Rennes. Young, left footed and can ping the ball around with ease.

If any other reason needed to be raised to explain why we should be targeting him as an alternative to Colwill then this is it…

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
None of this ‘his profile picture is still him in a Brighton shirt’ or pinned tweet stuff really matters, Chelsea are not going to sell him to us even if he refuses a new contract, they will probably try keep him on and integrate him then he might come round.

It’s hard to see any angle where he joins us, money doesn’t matter to Chelsea now so why would they sell him to us when they see us as playing unfair buggers about Moises price?

The only real possibility is him + cash for caicedo but that’s not good for us, Caicedo is a far far more important player to us than Colwill, I rate Colwill extremely highly but easy to forget he actually didn’t feature a lot last season due to injury niggles etc.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
None of this ‘his profile picture is still him in a Brighton shirt’ or pinned tweet stuff really matters, Chelsea are not going to sell him to us even if he refuses a new contract, they will probably try keep him on and integrate him then he might come round.

It’s hard to see any angle where he joins us, money doesn’t matter to Chelsea now so why would they sell him to us when they see us as playing unfair buggers about Moises price?

The only real possibility is him + cash for caicedo but that’s not good for us, Caicedo is a far far more important player to us than Colwill, I rate Colwill extremely highly but easy to forget he actually didn’t feature a lot last season due to injury niggles etc.

Caicedo is going to go somewhere, so cash and Colwill would absolutely be a good deal. He’s a really good young player in a position we need players for, who we already know fits in with the style of play and the club in general, that is worth spending money on.

I don’t think the social media stuff matters as much as Chelsea fans think it does but it’s not nothing. It points to him clearly wanting to move to Brighton and an unhappy player wanting out can absolutely agitate for a move. It may not always work, but it also has worked for players many times in the past.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We’ll likely lose Moises. Levi plus cash makes sense for all parties

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Let’s take it a step further….realistically neither will pull on an Albion shirt again :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here