[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Understand that Chelsea want to keep him, but if they aren't going to play him, it's a backwards step for him staying there.

Playing for DeZerbi for another season, will be a better career step, than waiting for his chance at Chelsea, and hoping last season was just a blip.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Understand that Chelsea want to keep him, but if they aren't going to play him, it's a backwards step for him staying there.

Playing for DeZerbi for another season, will be a better career step, than waiting for his chance at Chelsea, and hoping last season was just a blip.
Could be good for Chelsea too. They’d get a better player back having had a second season with De Zerbi rather than polishing Chelsea’s bench.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Or that he has good agents, unlike Caicedo. If he's going to negotiate a new contract, mixed signals will serve him well.
The chances of Colwill coming aren't great. We have a very similar idea about him (was no one when he came, loves us, loves our manager) as Leeds fans had about Ben White. If Chelsea hand him a massive new contract and tell him he will play, it would probably be his first choice.
But Caicedo did negotiate a new contract…

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Look says "the team I support and the team I've just spent a season with are both interested and Chelsea is a mess".
Really don't think he's signing a contract there and will push for a move. Problem is if Liverpool want him he's going there.
Not if he wants to play every week (Liverpool). He mentions RDZ in his England pressers I would say he only wants to play for one manager.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I saw an interesting comparison between Colwill and Badashie and Badashie far outperformed Levi in most things. Given how much they paid for him and how recently he signed there's no way Levi will be guaranteed football ahead of him. Best Poch can do is probably offer him some football.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not if he wants to play every week (Liverpool). He mentions RDZ in his England pressers I would say he only wants to play for one manager.
He'd be third choice there, but the suggestion is VVD wants to move over to the right, for whatever reason.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No need to say ‘no chance’ or ‘just accept it’ - nobody is hanging their lives on signing the lad. He was decent but not be all and end all decent either. Not building false hope by waiting and seeing what he decides. Chill everyone 😘

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
40A26B41-39F5-47F9-8958-0FB3DACFE685.jpeg

What poch thinks.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
He’s only played a few matches, but if your friends in Bristol don’t know of the guy who scored the goal of the season (Match of the Day and official Premier League), that says more about them than Enciso.
and if they scarcely know of Caicedo they must have been living under a rock

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
seems the England under 21s thing has spun Chelsea fans heads. seeing a lot on twitter today about how far ahead of Colwill they feel Badiashile is and how Colwill wasn't an ever present and didn't particularly improve us

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
seems the England under 21s thing has spun Chelsea fans heads. seeing a lot on twitter today about how far ahead of Colwill they feel Badiashile is and how Colwill wasn't an ever present and didn't particularly improve us
Chelsea fans are notoriously hard of thinking. One guy seemed to think he was "one of our best players ever" during his season on loan.

Now don't get me wrong, he was very good indeed and a regular in one of our best teams ever but to me Dunk was far and away our best CB last season in terms of consistency and bringing along the likes of Colwill, Webster, JP etc

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea fans are notoriously hard of thinking. One guy seemed to think he was "one of our best players ever" during his season on loan.

Now don't get me wrong, he was very good indeed and a regular in one of our best teams ever but to me Dunk was far and away our best CB last season in terms of consistency and bringing along the likes of Colwill, Webster, JP etc
Ironic that our best defender is a Chelsea fan then :smile:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Things is, Colwill didn't improve us that much in the 17 games he played in comparison with a fully-fit Webster at LCB. We had some really good games with him in the starting 11; and we had some really good games without him, including destroying Chelsea home and away.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Things is, Colwill didn't improve us that much in the 17 games he played in comparison with a fully-fit Webster at LCB. We had some really good games with him in the starting 11; and we had some really good games without him, including destroying Chelsea home and away.
Agree. Signing Colwill is mostly about his potential, not about him being brilliant every week this season. If we were playing a Champions League final tomorrow, we'd see Dunk and Webster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports