Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Look says "the team I support and the team I've just spent a season with are both interested and Chelsea is a mess".
Really don't think he's signing a contract there and will push for a move. Problem is if Liverpool want him he's going there.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Look says "the team I support and the team I've just spent a season with are both interested and Chelsea is a mess".
Really don't think he's signing a contract there and will push for a move. Problem is if Liverpool want him he's going there.

Liverpool don't have the money, they failed to qualify for the Champions League and have already spent double their summer budget of each of the past three seasons. Plus VVD plays left CB, so Colwill wouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot.

I would say that we had no problem with it. He’s another that threw his toys out of his pram and was dropped. RDZ won’t take any shit as far as I can see. That’s fine by me. Besides, Trossard hardly lit the world on fire at Arsenal did he?
Agree. Roberto soon sorted Trossard out and we hardly missed him did we?.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’d be very surprised if he travels to the US. The game against us is in two weeks and he’s gone straight from end of our season, into the England squad and then to the U21 Euros, he’s had no end of season break. He’ll get a couple of weeks off now.
I would have thought so too, but Pochettino said yesterday "I think they [Madueke and Colwill] will fly to America and join us."

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The media, Chelsea, Chelsea fans, Brighton fans have hyped up this kid so much I actually feel sorry for him. Chelsea fans will be expecting the next VVD at the tender age of 20. He’s had 17 PL appearances and some of them haven’t been perfect, he can get away with a few bad games at Brighton where as the intense Chelsea spot light could be damaging. If he’s stays at Chelsea I would expect Poch to manage him well and have a similar amount of appearances.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
The fact that Naylor is still reporting that the club’s interest is still alive, strongly suggests that the player still wants the move, which is the most important factor in any transfer/loan.
Or that he has good agents, unlike Caicedo. If he's going to negotiate a new contract, mixed signals will serve him well.
The chances of Colwill coming aren't great. We have a very similar idea about him (was no one when he came, loves us, loves our manager) as Leeds fans had about Ben White. If Chelsea hand him a massive new contract and tell him he will play, it would probably be his first choice.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The media, Chelsea, Chelsea fans, Brighton fans have hyped up this kid so much I actually feel sorry for him. Chelsea fans will be expecting the next VVD at the tender age of 20. He’s had 17 PL appearances and some of them haven’t been perfect, he can get away with a few bad games at Brighton where as the intense Chelsea spot light could be damaging. If he’s stays at Chelsea I would expect Poch to manage him well and have a similar amount of appearances.
I do think it's slightly exaggerated in our bubble. I'm not sure the average bloke on the street even knows his name.
When I speak to people about us here in Bristol they barely know the names of Enciso and Caicedo.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Why would he go to a team with better centre backs than the one he’d be leaving when he’s made it clear he wants to be a starter?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I do think it's slightly exaggerated in our bubble. I'm not sure the average bloke on the street even knows his name.
When I speak to people about us here in Bristol they barely know the names of Enciso and Caicedo.
He’s only played a few matches, but if your friends in Bristol don’t know of the guy who scored the goal of the season (Match of the Day and official Premier League), that says more about them than Enciso.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He’s only played a few matches, but if your friends in Bristol don’t know of the guy who scored the goal of the season (Match of the Day and official Premier League), that says more about them than Enciso.
Have to confess that before Albion were in the PL I had close to no interest in PL matches so that could have been me 10 years ago, but my interest was piqued as we got into the potential position of being promoted to the PL.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That's most armchair supporters though. They all know Lallana.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Levi clearly is open to coming back to Brighton . If he wasn’t he would have changed his main Twitter background photo to a Chelsea one not the one of him standing with all the Brighton players . He would also have removed his pinned top tweet about his delight at joining us for the season

He obviously feels very valued at Brighton but unless he demands a transfer it is still going to be difficult to get him.

Other clubs could pay more as well . The best we can hope for is a loan again I think as part of a Moises deal .

£95m plus Levi on loan for another season .

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Enciso and Caicedo are both very well-known amongst football fans I speak to both in England and Spain. Colwill less so.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He’s clearly got a lot of potential, and that’s where the potential value is, but you’re right, it’s gone OTT.

His 17 decent games with us have become a thing of legend. Armchair Chelsea fans in particular think he’s going straight into their first-choice 11 and will be playing like prime VVD for 38 games.

Last edited:

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Chelsea have made it clear Colwill is part of their long term plans. Chelsea won't sell him.

In the short term, Chelsea are not in a European competition and unlikely to win the Premier League next year. They have too many quality players and the best they can hope for is a top four finish next season and maybe a domestic cup win.

Colwill needs to play games to aid his development. He is aged 20 and would benefit from another season playing many games in the Premier League and the Europa Cup with a manager like De Zerbi. Think another loan deal with Brighton is the best we can hope for.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That's most armchair supporters though. They all know Lallana.
Not really sure where you're going with this, but intrigued that you think Colwill's potential transfer (updates on which are across social media almost daily) and news of Enciso (heavily featured on Sky and MOTD in the latter stages of the season) is somehow a 'bubble'.

Not sure how we get news to your friends in Bristol, tbh. Wondering if we need to supply a self-addressed envelope?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not really sure where you're going with this, but intrigued that you think Colwill's potential transfer (updates on which are across social media almost daily) and news of Enciso (heavily featured on Sky and MOTD in the latter stages of the season) is somehow a 'bubble'.

Not sure how we get news to your friends in Bristol, tbh. Wondering if we need to supply a self-addressed envelope?
Teletext or Clubcall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here