Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Not sure how reliable it is. Looks like some random chelsea fan with a youtube account. Colwill is trending on twitter and this is one of the most popular posts, so may be the source or may just be the highest profile chelsea fan talking about a nothing rumour.

Felix 'understands' nothing. He's just some kid who's been banging out crap for a while.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:lol: have you heard of a fella called Lewis Dunk? Colwill isn't nailing anything if he stays at the Albion.

Remember White - the second there was a sniff of him being a Big Six player - bang, straight into the England set up. Wasn't even a thought while he was with us.
White got 2 caps and was in the Euro squad during the one season as a BHA first-team squad player.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Felix 'understands' nothing. He's just some kid who's been banging out crap for a while.
I’ve never seen him tweet anything negative that Chelsea are supposedly doing.
Just generates what fans would view as positive news to keep his profile and get more clicks. He knows nothing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
White got 2 caps and was in the Euro squad during the one season as a BHA first-team squad player.
Look I’m trying to be angry and wrong, can you just let me?

I had it in my head he went to the Euros with us knowing he was becoming an Arsenal player…?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Look I’m trying to be angry and wrong, can you just let me?

I had it in my head he went to the Euros with us knowing he was becoming an Arsenal player…?
I'm sure that there was interest and rumour by the time that he went to the Euros but there was definitely nothing firm until after the tournament, and fairly sure he got his first cap before there was anything other than speculation.

Interesting that since joining Arsenal and starting every week for the last 2 seasons he's hardly had a look in as far as England are concerned.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure that there was interest and rumour by the time that he went to the Euros but there was definitely nothing firm until after the tournament, and fairly sure he got his first cap before there was anything other than speculation.

Interesting that since joining Arsenal and starting every week for the last 2 seasons he's hardly had a look in as far as England are concerned.
Noises are it’s for off field reasons - get the sense he’s not popular in the camp.

Reports of bust up with Steve Holland and you remember him and Foden squaring up at full time?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014

His position does have rather a lot good players available atm. Plus apparently his face doesn't fit for some reason.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Noises are it’s for off field reasons - get the sense he’s not popular in the camp.

Reports of bust up with Steve Holland and you remember him and Foden squaring up at full time?
Of course. I'd forgotten that he did actually go to Qatar and left half way through for 'personal reasons' having not played a minute.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am probably reading too much into this but maybe Colwill back to Chelsea is not 100%…

Poch thinks and expects Colwill to join up with them for the US tour according to today’s Argus, I’d have expected him to have said “will join up with them”

As I say, maybe reading too much into it and Colwill will be given a break after the England final :shrug:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I am probably reading too much into this but maybe Colwill back to Chelsea is not 100%…

Poch thinks and expects Colwill to join up with them for the US tour according to today’s Argus, I’d have expected him to have said “will join up with them”

As I say, maybe reading too much into it and Colwill will be given a break after the England final :shrug:
Saves us the airfare when we do the medical in the states?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The fact that Naylor is still reporting that the club’s interest is still alive, strongly suggests that the player still wants the move, which is the most important factor in any transfer/loan.
In addition, Chelsea don’t actually need him this season. With 7 centre backs currently on their books, they’ll be looking to loan or sell at least 2 of them. The left footed Badiashile has Colwill’s spot at the moment. The thought of giving Levi another year of one of the highest quality loan experiences in world football must be tempting. We’ve given them back a £40m player this time, perhaps next time he’ll be a £60m player.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
as much a no one really wants a loan it could still work in our favour. might be the case that the player the club have as the true successor for that LCB spot is a year too young right now, or not proven at a decent enough level. colwill would make sense as a world-class quality stop-gap in that scenario. not often you have that opportunity

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The fact that Naylor is still reporting that the club’s interest is still alive, strongly suggests that the player still wants the move, which is the most important factor in any transfer/loan.
No it’s not. The club that holds a players contract get the final say. See Caicedo to Arsenal in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here