[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As we enter July, it seems that another ‘development loan’ is the best possible outcome we can achieve. Chelsea surely won’t loan him without a new contract being signed. As of today, it can only be a maximum of 5 years.

We have the Caicedo leverage so perhaps there is something in the loan idea Naylor suggested? We should be looking for another left footed CB option however as August is approaching fast. Perhaps Lucas Beraldo.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
As we enter July, it seems that another ‘development loan’ is the best possible outcome we can achieve. Chelsea surely won’t loan him without a new contract being signed. As of today, it can only be a maximum of 5 years.

We have the Caicedo leverage so perhaps there is something in the loan idea Naylor suggested? We should be looking for another left footed CB option however as August is approaching fast. Perhaps Lucas Beraldo.
I don’t believe there has been any change to how long a contract can be.

It’s the new rule that transfer fees can only be amortised over a maximum of 5 years that comes in to force as of today. Obviously there is no amortisation for Chelsea to worry about when it comes to Levi.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Contracts are not restricted to 5 years but the amortisation accounting period is.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he refuses to sign a new contract then Chelsea - who need to balance their books - are hardly like to let him run down his contract and let him go on a free - especially when Albion (and others ? ) are prepared to pay ££ now for him.

Let’s see what Poch thinks… Colwill wants to play. Is he going to start for Chelsea next season ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
This has all worked out rather well for young Levi hasn’t it? He knows we have made an offer so can keep batting away Chelsea offers until they reach a level he can’t refuse. Lucky boy. Moises has got nothing to do with this imo. It hinges on Chelsea and how far they are prepared to go to keep him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Contracts are not restricted to 5 years but the amortisation accounting period

I don’t believe there has been any change to how long a contract can be.

It’s the new rule that transfer fees can only be amortised over a maximum of 5 years that comes in to force as of today. Obviously there is no amortisation for Chelsea to worry about when it comes to Levi.
Thanks. My mistake. Didn’t realise that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mount to Man Utd is not helping the prospects of Colwill returning to the Albion. They can't sell two homegrown England players to rival Prem sides, surely? Poch will start with 2 CBs and has Thiago Silva and Big money signing Fofana. It they are his pair - or Badiashile - and Levi starts on the bench then he will not be happy. I genuinely think after Maguire, Coady, Mings have all wobbled that LCB for England is up for grabs and Colwill would nail it if he stayed at the Albion.

Last edited:

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
This has all worked out rather well for young Levi hasn’t it? He knows we have made an offer so can keep batting away Chelsea offers until they reach a level he can’t refuse. Lucky boy. Moises has got nothing to do with this imo. It hinges on Chelsea and how far they are prepared to go to keep him.
Hang on a minute! John Doe from the Where is Moises going thread has explained that Chelsea have learned from their mistakes and they now have an elite world beating negotiating team. Levi has no idea who he's dealing with..

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Colwill played for England U21s today beating Portugal U21s 1-0 in the Quarter Finals.

France v Ukraine kick off at 8pm.

He played well in parts, but also had a few wobbly moments, a 7/10 performance.

Probably best left for debating on the Cole Palmer thread, but he came on for the last 15 minutes and was underwhelming, as he was in the previous match. I guess that he must be good because everyone raves about his potential, but I just don't get all the fuss.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No goals conceded all tourno - great signs.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
He played well in parts, but also had a few wobbly moments, a 7/10 performance.

Probably best left for debating on the Cole Palmer thread, but he came on for the last 15 minutes and was underwhelming, as he was in the previous match. I guess that he must be good because everyone raves about his potential, but I just don't get all the fuss.
That’s how I saw it too. Finding it more embarrassing by the day reading Chelsea fans on Twitter drooling over him

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Got to admire his confidence. Basically saying to Chelsea give me assurances about playing or I’m out of here. Don’t get many players his age doing that

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Got to admire his confidence. Basically saying to Chelsea give me assurances about playing or I’m out of here. Don’t get many players his age doing that
Thing is, Poch plays a four at the back I think. So he isn't going to be guaranteed a start over Silva, Fofana and Badashie. The only assurance he will get is 'you're in my first team squad'. He'll have to decide if that is enough. If he wants to play more games than not he simply won't be getting that there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not sure how reliable it is. Looks like some random chelsea fan with a youtube account. Colwill is trending on twitter and this is one of the most popular posts, so may be the source or may just be the highest profile chelsea fan talking about a nothing rumour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Boehly assurance is not worth the paper it’s written on, ask Potter

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thing is, Poch plays a four at the back I think. So he isn't going to be guaranteed a start over Silva, Fofana and Badashie. The only assurance he will get is 'you're in my first team squad'. He'll have to decide if that is enough. If he wants to play more games than not he simply won't be getting that there.
If Poch wants to play a back four, there is a glaring question mark over Silva's suitability for that system. He might think he can get round it by having two DCMs (Enzo and, :down: Moises?) that can compensate for it though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
that LCB for England is up for grabs and Colwill would nail it if he stayed at the Albion.
:lol: have you heard of a fella called Lewis Dunk? Colwill isn't nailing anything if he stays at the Albion.

Remember White - the second there was a sniff of him being a Big Six player - bang, straight into the England set up. Wasn't even a thought while he was with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports