Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
there is no way that Caiedo goes to Chelsea WITHOUT Colwill coming to us (either loan, loan to buy, permenent)

Caiedo goes to RM, ManU Liverpool Arsenal etc id Chelsea do not budge

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
My guess is another year loan, without a loan fee perhaps, and an agreed sale of Moises to them. Wouldn't mind that tbf.
Would be a good deal all round. We'd get a known asset for a really crucial season without any outlay. The cats out of the bag with him now so there's no way we are going to get him without spending a fortune. Works out for Chelsea too as they get to see him in a good side in Europe for another season to make sure he's what they want and let this summers unpleasantness recede.

I agree the general position should be yo buy unknown quantities and develop them ourselves but let's face it, out whole model is about improving players for other teams whether we like it or not. And our payback is to get what we can from high grade players. Sometimes circumstances just dictate the situation. We'd rather have him loan than not at all.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My guess is another year loan, without a loan fee perhaps, and an agreed sale of Moises to them. Wouldn't mind that tbf.
Why don’t we just bend over and lube ourselves up for Chelsea? Or shall we just let them go in dry?

Yes let’s develop their player for another year and give them one of our best ever players as well :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why don’t we just bend over and lube ourselves up for Chelsea? Or shall we just let them go in dry?

Yes let’s develop their player for another year and give them one of our best ever players as well :facepalm:
Give?

:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So we get 75m + Colwill on loan for the season for example.

They get our best ever player and Colwill back next season further developed and even better, meanwhile we have neither Colwill or Moises.
......equally we potentially get £70m profit and another top 6 place due to a great defence and some clever recruitment, plus another season to find a value LCB

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Colwill contract expires 2025.

Take him on loan for another season, get him even more ingrained in the club and make sure he refuses to sign a new contract with them.

End of the second loan he's only got 12 months left on his contract. Force a move then.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
......equally we potentially get £70m profit and another top 6 place due to a great defence and some clever recruitment, plus another season to find a value LCB
If he came here next season (and doesnt want to sign a new deal with Chelsea) he'd have a year left at end of it, so next close season the odds of getting him would be better and he'd be even more Albion!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Colwill contract expires 2025.

Take him on loan for another season, get him even more ingrained in the club and make sure he refuses to sign a new contract with them.

End of the second loan he's only got 12 months left on his contract. Force a move then.
Even Chelsea are not that stupid, he comes on loan, he signs a new contract. If not he takes his chances at the club he is contracted to

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

As we're in Europe I think having Colwill in the squad could mean a good run, so yes I'd take that plus £80m. We loan plenty of players out so, while not first choice, I think on this occasion it's an acceptable this or nothing choice. And if you think Chelsea will sell us the Under 21 England Captain then :facepalm::facepalm: straight back atcha.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
So we get 75m + Colwill on loan for the season for example.

They get our best ever player and Colwill back next season further developed and even better, meanwhile we have neither Colwill or Moises.
Moises is going anyway. So we could have this season with no moises and no Levi. If we get Levi on loan for this season that's one position we don't have to strengthen now for no cost. A shit load to spend strengthening the squad the rest of the squad.
Then we revisit the colwill situation again at the end of the season. (Where we may be Euro league winners and in the champs league 😛)

In an alternative version of events we sell Caicedo to Arsenal for 80-90 million and spend more than half of that trying to extricate Levi from Chelsea, where if we are successful we have to hope he's as good as we think he'll be having judged after 18 games. If he is he goes for a small profit I the next year or so anyway, if he's not we don't make our money back.

Obviously the ideal situation is we get a 20 year old for half a shilling from the Colombian second division and he turns out to the the next Franco Baresi. But that assumes that person exists right now and comes with loads of risk in a season where everything is new and up a level. And say we do get this Francisco Bareso- if he is a world beater where does he end up after 2 seasons? Chelsea or A.N other spendthrift where we've developed a player for them. Admittedly for a tidy profit, but sometimes you have to make the deal thats available.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree the general position should be yo buy unknown quantities and develop them ourselves but let's face it, out whole model is about improving players for other teams whether we like it or not.
This model has been successful now for a good couple of season and the club have generated some serious transfer profits, but what if it carries on for 1-2 more seasons and the surplus profit is, say £200-£300 million more? That could quite easily be the case if we sell Ferguson, Enciso, Mitoma. The extra money has to be used for something, and Bloom doesn't strike me as a Glazer sort to extract monies as interest / dividend payments.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In this case a loan would be OK.

The equivalent of signing him on a free and having him for 2 years before he leaves on a free.

No profit on this one but he'd have been here longer than eg. Cucurella.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
This model has been successful now for a good couple of season and the club have generated some serious transfer profits, but what if it carries on for 1-2 more seasons and the surplus profit is, say £200-£300 million more? That could quite easily be the case if we sell Ferguson, Enciso, Mitoma. The extra money has to be used for something, and Bloom doesn't strike me as a Glazer sort to extract monies as interest / dividend payments.
I think the higher you get you need to strike a balance. Of still doing it buy mixing it with quality. You might argue Dahouds a good example. Getting the lallanas and Milners of this world slightly earlier. But we still need to pay off debt, secure our future and be financially profitable.

The simple fact is there will always be bigger clubs able to poach our best players. So irregardless of how much we bring in, the model aims to keep us competitive rather than west hamming or Palacing it and trying to do a lidl version of what better resourced clubs do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here