Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What nonsense? We made one bid at 30m for Colwill over 3 weeks ago; it got rejected, and we've not bid again. Hardly a saga.
Wind your neck in.

read the room

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This saga smacks of Ben white and Leeds

About time we stopped this nonsense
Not even vaguely similar.

There are not pages and pages of posts saying how RDZ has ‘made him the player he is’ and that they didn’t rate Colwill until now and that he wants to play for us and Chelsea are holding him against his will.

People rate him and would like us to sign him and the vast majority accept it isn’t going to happen and accepting of the reasons why.

Cant see how it’s the same at all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the Colwill situation sums up why so many of us get sick of people like Romano with his speculative 'journalism'. The attempt to sign Colwill, like most of our transfer dealings, seems to follow the traditional path. Obviously, we'll know he's open to a move - otherwise what's the point? But the only news coming out is of firm offers as we deal club to club with the situation. Compare that to the Caicedo story currently where - apparently - the deal is "95% done". That's 95% with the player... not us.. so it's meaningless. A constant barrage of unsettling information that can only be emanating from the buyers' side or the player's own representatives, clearly intended to paint Albion into a corner when the one negotiation that really matters takes place: an actual bid.

Surely the initial contact with the player should only be a basic enquiry to gauge their interest. If the player has more than a year to run on their contract, detailed negotiations without a deal between the clubs in place ought to be banned - difficult to prevent but, if nothing else, it would establish the principle.
Most of what he puts makes no sense. As far as I was concerned terms can’t be discussed until a fee is accepted. The sad thing is, agents use him and he gets the odd ‘exclusive’. The issue with this is there are so many football ‘fans’ on Twitter who lap up bullshit and spout their mouths off. Look at the abuse Naylor gets for writing facts from the club. They hang out that Fab’s arse and make him a living. He’s also very smug with it and seems to have a thing against BHA. He unsettles players constantly and does damage to football without doubt - but won’t see it. Part of the football manager generation who think of buying and selling players like reading football stickers in the playground…!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not even vaguely similar.

There are not pages and pages of posts saying how RDZ has ‘made him the player he is’ and that they didn’t rate Colwill until now and that he wants to play for us and Chelsea are holding him against his will.

People rate him and would like us to sign him and the vast majority accept it isn’t going to happen and accepting of the reasons why.

Cant see how it’s the same at all.
No mention of Dunky being his best mate and his girlfriend being from Sussex and Brighton through and through either.. 🤣 Everyone in football generalises fanbases and it’s natural - The Leeds one (arrogant and bleat on about how big they are) is probably the truest generalisation out there. The proof was the Ben White crap (amongst most things their fans seem to think / say).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Most of what he puts makes no sense. As far as I was concerned terms can’t be discussed until a fee is accepted. The sad thing is, agents use him and he gets the odd ‘exclusive’. The issue with this is there are so many football ‘fans’ on Twitter who lap up bullshit and spout their mouths off. Look at the abuse Naylor gets for writing facts from the club. They hang out that Fab’s arse and make him a living. He’s also very smug with it and seems to have a thing against BHA. He unsettles players constantly and does damage to football without doubt - but won’t see it. Part of the football manager generation who think of buying and selling players like reading football stickers in the playground…!
I felt a little sympathy for him during that conversation with the Brentford fan that was plastered all over the internet - mainly because the Brentford guy was plainly talking rubbish about his own intentions. However, it remained pretty clear that Romano has a very high opinion of himself. Furthering his own fame seems to be the over-riding motivation - in common with a lot of people these days, sadly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Koulibaly sold- not a snowballs chance in hell of signing him. We need to move on. What that ukrainien bloke up to?
Yep, logic says this is dead in the water….but since when are us football fans logical? :wink:

The Ukrainian bloke you mention looked shitehouse in the game against England didn’t he? (Written in true “write them off” after one viewing knee jerk reaction)

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Yep, logic says this is dead in the water….but since when are us football fans logical? :wink:

The Ukrainian bloke you mention looked shitehouse in the game against England didn’t he? (Written in true “write them off” after one viewing knee jerk reaction)
Yeah hopefully we’ll have someone better lined up. Seems to be a bit of a lack of top class centre backs these days though or is it just me

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The issue with this is there are so many football ‘fans’ on Twitter who lap up bullshit and spout their mouths off. Look at the abuse Naylor gets for writing facts from the club. They hang out that Fab’s arse and make him a living.

I know right. People championing a journalist who gets exclusives on "personal terms agreed". Gee I wonder how he gets these exclusives? He must just be up all night working really hard.

Having buying clubs and want-away players just feeding this guy info for their own gain at the expense of everyone else really pisses me off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My guess is another year loan, without a loan fee perhaps, and an agreed sale of Moises to them. Wouldn't mind that tbf.
I'd like to think so, especially if he doesn't sign a new contract with Chelsea. He would only have one year left by then.

On the other hand, is AN doing a big fishing trip? He's got far more replies from Chelsea fans than Brighton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the time Levi doesn’t update his main Twitter photo of him with the Brighton players on the pitch there’s a chance albeit a small one.
I get the impression that he’s pushing for this to happen. Stability and game time at a club he loves being at is probably trumping the potential clusterfuck of his bigger and much richer parent club as things stand.

I still reckon a loan would be 100% dependant on him signing an extended contract at Chelsea though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah hopefully we’ll have someone better lined up. Seems to be a bit of a lack of top class centre backs these days though or is it just me
Someone with more potential than the England U-21 captain who has now proven himself for (our) club and country? Levi clearly loves it here and would represent a solid gold investment opportunity for the boy Bloom shirley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here