Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From Simon Johnson in the Athletic:

Colwill could now be given a chance to make his senior England debut during their upcoming Euro 2024 qualifiers in Malta on Friday and against North Macedonia at Wembley Stadium on Monday.

As I say, I think it’s highly unlikely they would take him over there if they weren’t going to play him, especially as the u21’s are together already for the Euro’s.

Flawed guesswork.

As I suspected, he's not in tonight's squad.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I really think Chelsea (really genuinely) actually don’t want to sell him. After for playing for us and looking mostly class, he has had his “interview” in the PL. He will be starting at CB for them, unless the player really forces it - which I don’t think he will because he’ll get a whopper new contract.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really think Chelsea (really genuinely) actually don’t want to sell him. After for playing for us and looking mostly class, he has had his “interview” in the PL. He will be starting at CB for them, unless the player really forces it - which I don’t think he will because he’ll get a whopper new contract.

They never were, it was obvious.

Why would a club who can afford any level of wage, sell a CB star of the next 15 years?

Many here have stated that throughout. We merely served as a Leeds/Ben White, in 2022/23.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They loaned him out, they want to keep him. Fair enough, simple as that.

Beyond a bit of "don't ask, don't get" then we'll be moving on soon enough.

With such an important season coming up we won't want to miss out on other decent centre back targets while messing about.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They never were, it was obvious.

Why would a club who can afford any level of wage, sell a CB star of the next 15 years?

Many here have stated that throughout. We merely served as a Leeds/Ben White, in 2022/23.
Not utterly convinced by this. It was unlikely, rather than impossible.
The good thing for us is that, if we haven't got him by June 30th, we know we won't be getting him in this window, and we can move on to our next CB target.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Please let's be sensible. Colwill is Chelsea's player, he is one of their brightest prospects and we should not suppose for one minute that they will let him go; they don't need to and we should not waste time on this.

I shall be delighted if this post proves to be utterly wrong.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not utterly convinced by this. It was unlikely, rather than impossible.
The good thing for us is that, if we haven't got him by June 30th, we know we won't be getting him in this window, and we can move on to our next CB target.

Sadly for us, to me it’s the equivalent of a smaller or any club thinking they can deprive Liverpool of 20 year old TAA, Arsenal of 20 year old Saka. It’s just not going to happen.

Even when Boehly was at his most thick last summer and Colwill PL inexperienced, they only sanctioned a loan.

Clubs failing to sign Caicedo this summer won’t have an awful 2023/24 as a result. If that was the case everyone should pack up because Real got Bellingham. There are a whole load of quality, young centre midfielders in Europe on the market this summer. Big clubs signing one or two of those will be set fair, without Caicedo. Chelsea’s future does not depend on getting Caicedo.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think we should make Levi a condition of the Moises sale

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How can we ‘insist’? He’s a player contracted to Chelsea. We can make a bid and try to facilitate a move via a potential Caicedo sale, but that’s as far as it goes.
It’s more deliberately ambiguous wording from Romano which he doesn’t expand on. What he’s probably trying to say is that we will insist on Colwill being part of the deal for Moises, no Colwill no deal. However by posting ambiguities (and not expanding on detail) Romano can spin things to make it look like he was right all along no matter what happens.

Even in the tweet above he’s managed to cover both Colwill leaving (he can claim he was right about Brighton insisting on him being part of any deal) and staying (was right all along the Chelsea’s position was Colwill was never for sale).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sadly for us, to me it’s the equivalent of a smaller or any club thinking they can deprive Liverpool of 20 year old TAA, Arsenal of 20 year old Saka. It’s just not going to happen.
not really. At 20, Saka had two Arsenal seasons under his belt and had played for England in the final of a major competition. At 20 Trent AA had a full season starting for Liverpool, and had played in the final of the Champions League.

Colwill hasn’t ever played a game for Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
not really. At 20, Saka had two Arsenal seasons under his belt and had played for England in the final of a major competition. At 20 Trent AA had a full season starting for Liverpool, and had played in the final of the Champions League.

Colwill hasn’t ever played a game for Chelsea 🤷‍♂️
Yep……has faint echoes of the Lamptey situation…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here