Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
What did you seriously expect with an opening gambit of 'Chelsea fan here and with all due respect, it's between Chelsea and Chelsea and Brighton isn't even in the equation.'?
To be fair to him, I tend to agree with that statement (or at least, the general gist of it).
But more importantly, he can't be banned until he's given me a quote to sort out my sofa.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Castofffs? HAHA!! Cucurella was your POTY and Brighton were begging all over social media for him not to leave. He left Brighton as a star player to come and play 2nd fiddle to Chilwell. That's all you need to know about the difference in levels between the clubs 😂

The only castoff in this situation was Gilmour who was only good enough for our reserve side but has lately found a place in your 1st team. Once again levels

As for haven taken our European spot, big clubs don't aspire to be in the EL and think it's a subpar Competition. Nobody even takes it seriously until the latter stages and most believe it to be a hindrance. Only the small teams celebrate competing in such a competition.

And nah, we don't believe ourselves to be the biggest club in the world, just one of the biggest and we will prove that next season with the help of our young phenom CB and probably your best player too.

Anyway basque in the glory of your fairytale season, because next season will go back to normality and Brighton will once again be hovering in midtable, just making up the numbers
It's bask John, not Basque. Anyhoo, back on point, most of the posters on here are ripping the piss out of you and quoting from the Leeds playbook in the Ben White saga. We really don't care what Chelsea fans think. From our point of view, Chelsea have been the gift that keeps on giving this season and nothing you post or Chelsea achieves will ever change the deep joy your fans, club, owner and staff have given us this season. Your club has failed in every metric and it has been a pleasure. We might end up mid table next season, but Chelsea will still have been literally the club that kept on giving in 22/23. Running to our fan board to try and give it some only shows you up too. We are far too literate and sharp for the likes of Chelsea keyboard warriors.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HAHA!! Only Brighton fans believe that to be so. I mean why would you swap Chelsea for Brighton? And honestly I'm not trolling, but why?
If he was so desperate to stay at Chelsea he would have signed the improved contract stuck under his nose months ago. Live with it, he’d rather ply his trade at the Albion. He probably won’t be able to do but don’t kid yourself that he wouldn’t if he could.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he was so desperate to stay at Chelsea he would have signed the improved contract stuck under his nose months ago. Live with it, he’d rather ply his trade at the Albion. He probably won’t be able to do but don’t kid yourself that he wouldn’t if he could.
He would prefer to stay here with us. That says it all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Castofffs? HAHA!! Cucurella was your POTY and Brighton were begging all over social media for him not to leave. He left Brighton as a star player to come and play 2nd fiddle to Chilwell. That's all you need to know about the difference in levels between the clubs 😂

The only castoff in this situation was Gilmour who was only good enough for our reserve side but has lately found a place in your 1st team. Once again levels

As for haven taken our European spot, big clubs don't aspire to be in the EL and think it's a subpar Competition. Nobody even takes it seriously until the latter stages and most believe it to be a hindrance. Only the small teams celebrate competing in such a competition.

And nah, we don't believe ourselves to be the biggest club in the world, just one of the biggest and we will prove that next season with the help of our young phenom CB and probably your best player too.

Anyway basque in the glory of your fairytale season, because next season will go back to normality and Brighton will once again be hovering in midtable, just making up the numbers
Don't think a Chelsea fan can make fun of cast offs. You had Lukaku and let him go, you had Salah and let him go and you had Kevin De Bruyne and you let him go. Great judges of potential. Cucu was our POTY but guess what, within weeks of loosing him we had someone better plus a nice surplus in the bank. A bit like the manager, we didn't want to lose him but within weeks had something better, much better.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be fair to him, I tend to agree with that statement (or at least, the general gist of it).
But more importantly, he can't be banned until he's given me a quote to sort out my sofa.
The fact that Brighton have made a bid for him means that they very much ARE part of the equation. No, of course it doesn't mean that they'll get the player, but they are involved, which is probably why this Berk has showed up!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The fact that Brighton have made a bid for him means that they very much ARE part of the equation. No, of course it doesn't mean that they'll get the player, but they are involved, which is probably why this Berk has showed up!
We can dress it up however we like, but I fully expect Chelsea to stick millions of pounds more than we can or will offer under his nose, and then he'll sign for them (unless he forgets his pen like he forgot how he was their player).
What we offer Chelsea for him won't do much to move the needle on that.
If anything else happens, I'll be equally delighted as surprised.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Continue to revel in the glory of the 4-1. Little clubs should appreciate every small victory(In this case for a club like Brighton, a big one)
We enjoyed the 2-1 win away as well, where, let's be honest, the scoreline flattered you.

When was the last time Chelsea beat Brighton? I make it 3 years and 7 games ago.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ultimately, if we get him, great. If we don't, our recruitment team will undoubtedly fill the void with a similarly talented/better player for a fraction of the fee and he'll either rot on the bench at Chelsea or start getting death threats when he makes a couple of mistakes.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Better run club doesn't mean much, when the club which is run much worse, is much more successful.
Successful? - Sure since Roman and his stolen dirty money came along.

Remember 'Chels' were getting crowds of under 12k in the 1980s - and are historically a small club - probably London's fourth biggest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can this guy not just be banned?
Don't be daft. It's a long 11 weeks with no football and he's really bringing back the enjoyment of the 4-1 at the Amex, which was the catalyst for their decline this season, not to mention rekindling nice memories of Enciso's thunderbastard to get a more than deserved away win a few weeks back.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Colwill hasn't signed because the numbers were too low, and also because he wants to know the clubs plans for him going forward.

If he is guaranteed minutes, he will happily stay and Brighton will be an after thought
With no European football those minutes are going to be scarce and will need to be shared between your existing £200m spend on Centre-backs and your latest hottest prospect.

A lot of Chelsea fans are getting excited about Colwill, based on 17 games at the Albion.
He is good, very good, but he isn't anywhere near the finished article.
Cucurella looked a world beater for us. He wasn't.

We are offering £40m because that's what Colwill isworth.
That's a very good player for us, but is he actually the best player available to Poch?

Chelsea can offer what they like and make whatever promises they want.
But Colwill will know his development path will be better with us.

Or he can take the money and hope Chelsea deliver on their desperate promises.
If so I'm sure we can find another player with similar attributes and potential.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We can dress it up however we like, but I fully expect Chelsea to stick millions of pounds more than we can or will offer under his nose, and then he'll sign for them (unless he forgets his pen like he forgot how he was their player).
What we offer Chelsea for him won't do much to move the needle on that.
If anything else happens, I'll be equally delighted as surprised.
Sure. That is what could – and quite possibly will – happen. Completely different to us not being in the equation. By the very nature of use sticking pounds 'under his nose', we're part of the conversation...

There's no dressing up – that's just a fact :shrug:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
AS I understand it Chelsea have some FFP pressure to sell players by June 30th.
Several clubs are aware of this and looking to squeeze Todd for cheap prices on his players.

Seems a bit of Poker is being played, to work out the right time and bid to get Todd to fold his hand.
fortunately he's not up against any decent poker players, so he should be fine.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
With no European football those minutes are going to be scarce and will need to be shared between your existing £200m spend on Centre-backs and your latest hottest prospect.

A lot of Chelsea fans are getting excited about Colwill, based on 17 games at the Albion.
He is good, very good, but he isn't anywhere near the finished article.
Cucurella looked a world beater for us. He wasn't.

We are offering £40m because that's what Colwill isworth.
That's a very good player for us, but is he actually the best player available to Poch?

Chelsea can offer what they like and make whatever promises they want.
But Colwill will know his development path will be better with us.

Or he can take the money and hope Chelsea deliver on their desperate promises.
If so I'm sure we can find another player with similar attributes and potential.
I saw 30m mentioned in the press. I know we should take all such talk with a pinch of salt but has there been a further bid ?

John Doe

May 14, 2023
Christ what a mouth breather.

First of all imagine thinking that there is any pride in choosing to support a “big” rich club because of their bankrolled success than the real emotional ups and downs of supporting a small club which actually means something to your community.

Then to have the arrogance to go on about “levels” when your money spooging moron-owned club finished 6 places behind the club you’re trying to insult.

And doing all this on another club’s forum. What an enormous waste of time. Go outside @John Doe - its glorious weather, you might find a few of your school chums to hang out with.

Colwill comes, Colwill doesn’t come, whatever. At least I don’t support Chelsea.
Colwill stays and Caicedo probably comes with him, and that's why I support Chelsea. We don't allow other clubs to bully us for our players, instead we do the bullying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here