Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can you explain to me how Romano would know we are ‘about’ to put in a bid of £40m?

The only people who would know a bid is being prepared are the board, so is one of our board members a mole for Romano?

This just seems like decent guess work, we were always going to go in with another bid as 30m was far too low.
Possibly like he always does, through the agent. Agent is aware we are going back in, sees it as an opportunity to encourage other teams- higher wages, more money for agent.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If true we would surely be on track to spend £120-150m this summer. Astonishing.
I think we could spend £140m.

Of course, that would be dependent on us bringing in a lot more through player sales. Perhaps our deals might be as follows:

In (perms) (£140m?)
  • Joao Pedro - £30m
  • Roony Bardghji - £6m
  • Dahoud - Free
  • Milner - Free
  • Boey - £20m
  • Alex Scott - £20m
  • Levi Colwill - £40m
  • Left Back - £15m
  • Christensen (GK) - £9m

Out (perms) (£197m?)

• Mac Allister £55m
  • Caicedo £90m
  • Lamptey £15m
  • Sanchez £28m
  • Connolly £3m
  • Karbownik £3m
  • Zeqiri £3m
  • Richards free

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'm not sure about that?

Ultimately our set up is to buy low, polish rough diamonds, and sell high.

But we still do spend a reasonable amount of millions on players that don't make the grade and aren't sold at many multiples or even sold at a loss.

The Ben White, Cucurella, MacAllister model is our ideal, but if we can buy a player with a reasonable degree of certainty they won't shed their value, I'd say it is still worth it.

Is 9 million on Abdallah Sima better business than say 40m on Colwill, even if we only got 30m back in a few years?

Chances are with his skill level, being left footed and age, we could get a few good years without losing much if anything, and therefore its still a good investment even if outside our normal model.

I think £40m for Colwill is about right and I would back the club to spend that but I don’t think calls that his true value is £50-60m and that’s what we would need to get him is the case for the reasons I highlighted with White.

£40m is a bid that says we can see the potential but not forgetting he only has a handful of appearance at this level so would argue the club have pitched this right.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can you explain to me how Romano would know we are ‘about’ to put in a bid of £40m?

The only people who would know a bid is being prepared are the board, so is one of our board members a mole for Romano?

This just seems like decent guess work, we were always going to go in with another bid as 30m was far too low.
Club tells agent that they will put another bid in, if they can cut the wage a bit for the player, or get a longer contract out of him, to see if it is a goer. Agent talks to Levi and they agree to get it done, and then lets Romano know the club are about to make a bigger offer.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I can't see the club going above £40m.

I also think that part of this bid is about Caicedo. After their previous pillaging (even if it was conducted in the proper manner), the club are basically saying that if they want to do business with us, it is a two way street. With the Ugarte deal falling through, Declan Rice seemingly choosing between Arsenal and Bayern, and N'golo Kante off to Saudi Arabia on a free, they might have to accept this offer to be in with a chance of landing Caicedo who is very quickly starting to look like their main option.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The problem with Colwill's value is that it has gone up exponentially not so much because of what he's done here but more what he hasn't done at Chelsea. A lot of Chelsea supporters, after last season, genuinely see him as the answer to all their problems. Which is nuts really. The fallout if he does go will be enormous. People like Rory Jennings, other online Chelsea personalities, will lead a revolt and if they start the season badly things will get very ugly.
I really hope it happens - it can't really get any better. Unless maybe they pay us over 100 million for Moises and chuck in Gallagher.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Club tells agent that they will put another bid in, if they can cut the wage a bit for the player, or get a longer contract out of him, to see if it is a goer. Agent talks to Levi and they agree to get it done, and then lets Romano know the club are about to make a bigger offer.
Basically yeah, everything that Romano gets is through agents. It's why he often comes across as jumping the gun in comparison to people like Naylor and Ornstein who will check their information via reliable club sources.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Of course, that would be dependent on us bringing in a lot more through player sales. Perhaps our deals might be as follows:

In (perms) (£140m?)
  • Joao Pedro - £30m
  • Roony Bardghji - £6m
  • Dahoud - Free
  • Milner - Free
  • Boey - £20m
  • Alex Scott - £20m
  • Levi Colwill - £40m
  • Left Back - £15m
  • Christensen (GK) - £9m

Out (perms) (£197m?)

• Mac Allister £55m
  • Caicedo £90m
  • Lamptey £15m
  • Sanchez £28m
  • Connolly £3m
  • Karbownik £3m
  • Zeqiri £3m
  • Richards free
I think Roony is still only 17, 18 in November, which I believe means that as we are no longer in the EU, we can't sign him this window, could do a deal in January though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

In (perms) (£140m?)
  • Joao Pedro - £30m
  • Roony Bardghji - £6m
  • Dahoud - Free
  • Milner - Free
  • Boey - £20m
  • Alex Scott - £20m
  • Levi Colwill - £40m
  • Left Back - £15m
  • Christensen (GK) - £9m

Out (perms) (£197m?)

• Mac Allister £55m
  • Caicedo £90m
  • Lamptey £15m
  • Sanchez £28m
  • Connolly £3m
  • Karbownik £3m
  • Zeqiri £3m
  • Richards free
I'd be surprised if we got £28m for Sanchez. That would put him in the top ten most expensive keeper signings of all time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
From reading the Chelsea forum it seems they have to make circa £90m in cash before the 30 June in order to avoid failing FFP for this season.

Trouble is they are valuing all of their saleable assets so high and all the potential deals are falling through. Unless Man U stump up their request for 70m for Mount (not sure Man U are that stupid?) they may decide that selling Colwill is next best option to get a substantial fee in.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
They need sales before the end of this month. Mount and Havertz are attracting attention but perhaps Chelsea need £100m+ in sales ASAP to balance things. I think the club might smell blood here. Chelsea might simply have to sell to avoid punishment.
Real Madrid have pulled out of Havertz

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
If the boot was on the other foot. And he was ours with Chelsea sniffing, we’d be demanding in excess of £50-£60m for him - left footed, highly rated, likely to be future England star, filling a known whole in defence, adored by fans and likes the club.
All reasons Chelsea can demand a higher fee for him. I wouldn't be upset if we paid circa £55m for him. I think he is excellent and will only get better. This will be a transfer where we are highly unlikely to make money if it does happen. But that’s ok every once in a while.
All true, but that’s because he’d be of greater value to us, therefore Chelsea would have to pay a premium to get him from us.

He’s never played a game for Chelsea and they need players to sell.

Already today it’s reported Real Madrid have pulled out of Havertz deal over the price. Chelsea and United reportedly £20m apart in valuation for mount.

They’ve got to generate funds to balance FFP from somewhere, and they’ll want positive relations with us for Caciedo.

There’s a chance this goes through imo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the boot was on the other foot. And he was ours with Chelsea sniffing, we’d be demanding in excess of £50-£60m for him - left footed, highly rated, likely to be future England star, filling a known whole in defence, adored by fans and likes the club.
All reasons Chelsea can demand a higher fee for him. I wouldn't be upset if we paid circa £55m for him. I think he is excellent and will only get better. This will be a transfer where we are highly unlikely to make money if it does happen but it will be worth every penny over his contract. But that’s ok every once in a while.
Agree and have added some text.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here