Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is bullshit , we love him ,he loves us . He has 2 years left on his contract , IF he is loaned back to us he knows for fact he plays , that would leave just one year if he doesn`t sign a new contract with a club owned by a serial buyer . RDZ can and has made him better , Levi must know Chelsea are THE most transient team from top to toe and are not as reliable or trustworthy as us ?! . With us he plays for his country , with Chelsea he will be lucky to keep a place in the starting 11 .
I am sorry to say, as much as I would like Colwill to stay, some parts of these posts are looking more and more like the ones I saw on the Leeds fan site a couple of years ago discussing Ben White...

He is Chelsea's player! They hold the cards!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am sorry to say, as much as I would like Colwill to stay, some parts of these posts are looking more and more like the ones I saw on the Leeds fan site a couple of years ago discussing Ben White...

Agreed, if Poch digs his heels in, which it appears he has, it will take a brave move from owners who have overseen one f*** up after another in the last 12 months, to deny their new manager his wish. Shame that Poch does seem to favour promoting promising youngsters to his first team. It would take Colwill being very difficult and demanding a transfer to have any chance imo.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

:) A slight difference , Levi is happy at BHAFC and loves Brighton , Ben White for some reason liked Leeds :ffsparr:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hang on, five minutes ago the consensus was that Poch wanted to keep him as part of the Chelsea squad - and now he's happy to farm him out again for the season?

It's *almost* as if no-one's got a scooby about the whole thing!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Not sure it's been posted, but reports that they would be open to loaning him to us again as part of a deal for Caicedo.
That is not suggested at all by that article. All it says is the following at the end:

‘It remains to be seen whether Brighton renew attempts to sign Levi Colwill from Chelsea. Colwill has just finished a season’s loan at Brighton, who had a £30m bid for the defender rejected this week. Chelsea do not want to sell the 20-year-old.’

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Agreed, if Poch digs his heels in, which it appears he has, it will take a brave move from owners who have overseen one f*** up after another in the last 12 months, to deny their new manager his wish. Shame that Poch does seem to favour promoting promising youngsters to his first team. It would take Colwill being very difficult and demanding a transfer to have any chance imo.
Agree, likely he stays, problem for Chelsea is that who is going to take Koulibaly at £200k a week off their hands ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We don't like players that do that so I really hope he doesn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hang on, five minutes ago the consensus was that Poch wanted to keep him as part of the Chelsea squad - and now he's happy to farm him out again for the season?

It's *almost* as if no-one's got a scooby about the whole thing!
Why does that matter, it's the off season. Time to speculate about players and clubs motives, actions and wishes without having a clue about anything.

The best thing to do is then decide ones theories are fact and get really cross about it.

It's great fun.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is a very sensible young man , if he signs a new contract with Chelsea he would have to have playing conditions included , can`t see CFC doing that . He`s just played 28 games for a team that finished 6 places above his parent club , they might own him contractually but the man is enjoying his footy and he won`t want to loose that , especially given the swing doors at SB .
Anything thing I don’t think really exists - ‘playing conditions’. Only examples of this I know of are triggering extra years’ contract if you play x games or option to buy triggered etc. Never known anyone to have a ‘you will always be picked’ type clause - another myth imo…

Imagine being a manager and being told ‘you have to play him and him’. Wouldn’t happen.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
And we rejected it for a reason.
The reason being we wanted more games out of him. If Arsenal won't increase their bid and nobody betters it, then his value is £70m. But we shouldn't accept it. I'd prefer another season out of him (or at least to the January window) with the massive bonus that his worth could well soar to your valuation.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here