Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Me too, I have no idea how we’ll pull it off but I think the same. Levi celebrating at Stamford Bridge with Albion players was a bit of a shock to me and he is bright enough to know that’s not a good look to Chelsea, given the manner of the two wins over his parent club. If he cares…
If we do, we’ll be paying top dollar surely. Minimum £20m. He’d be our record signing for sure but it probably means letting Chelsea off next season’s Cucu/Potter instalment.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If we do, we’ll be paying top dollar surely. Minimum £20m. He’d be our record signing for sure but it probably means letting Chelsea off next season’s Cucu/Potter instalment.
Home grown, PL regular at 19 years old, a left footer, can pass it out and very hyped up.

We’re talking at least £40-45m, and that’s assuming Chelsea are looking to get rid.

Compare him to Ben White and what we sold him to Arsenal for. Colwill is better, younger and rarer. Only difference is if Chelsea are looking to sell.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Home grown, PL regular at 19 years old, a left footer, can pass it out and very hyped up.

We’re talking at least £40-45m, and that’s assuming Chelsea are looking to get rid.

Compare him to Ben White and what we sold him to Arsenal for. Colwill is better, younger and rarer. Only difference is if Chelsea are looking to sell.
Plus ManC and Liverpool interested.

He’s way beyond a £20m player in a market driven by petro states and Boehly.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Plus, there will be a bidding war.
We won't pay more than Liverpool, Man City or any other major clubs.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Plus, there will be a bidding war.
No there won't because they don't exist.

I hope when he goes and doesn't come back we don't keep going on about him like that lot up the '23 do about Chelsea players they have had on loan and liked.

I also hope we get him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The most likely scenario is that Chelsea will want to keep and use him. But if they do find that they have to sell him for FFP reasons then they're going to want to squeeze as much cash as possible, and someone else (City/Liverpool) would easily outbid us. So the only way I see Levi with us next season is if Chelsea have to sell but dont want to strengthen a title contender &/or Levi pushes for a sale specifically to us as he views it as the best option for game time. But that feels very unlikely. Or we negotiate another season long loan, which I wouldnt be against, but I imagine Levi would probably want a permanent deal so his immediate future is sorted.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Me too, I have no idea how we’ll pull it off but I think the same. Levi celebrating at Stamford Bridge with Albion players was a bit of a shock to me and he is bright enough to know that’s not a good look to Chelsea, given the manner of the two wins over his parent club. If he cares…
It was weird. Sat in the middle with his full training kit on when you know that usually a player would probably be in their boxes or not even at the ground if they were loanee not allowed to play. And even the fact that our admin team knew exactly what they were doing. Just seems like an odd thing to do. Probably reading too much into it. Possibly RDZ expects senior players to be involved in match days even if they can't play. It's possible the club and the player both know he won't be he next year and didn't think much of it.
But it's also weird. Guaranteed he got shit on social media from 'chelsea fans' because of it. I reckon he's really f***ing happy here. Also reckon player and agent have said he's keen to stay. Now just about a fee and other teams with genuine interest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was weird. Sat in the middle with his full training kit on when you know that usually a player would probably be in their boxes or not even at the ground if they were loanee not allowed to play. And even the fact that our admin team knew exactly what they were doing. Just seems like an odd thing to do. Probably reading too much into it. Possibly RDZ expects senior players to be involved in match days even if they can't play. It's possible the club and the player both know he won't be he next year and didn't think much of it.
But it's also weird. Guaranteed he got shit on social media from 'chelsea fans' because of it. I reckon he's really f***ing happy here. Also reckon player and agent have said he's keen to stay. Now just about a fee and other teams with genuine interest.
Yep. Not a chance his appearance in the club’s social media posts post-match wasn’t done with at least some degree of deliberacy on both his and the club’s part.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Chelsea have to sell and raise funds by end of June to avoid FFP sanctions so as much as they probably don’t want to sell him, they may not have a choice - especially as any fee they get for him will be pure profit. Hopefully that significantly increases our chances of keeping him - especially if we’ve qualified for Europe

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Chelsea have to sell and raise funds by end of June to avoid FFP sanctions so as much as they probably don’t want to sell him, they may not have a choice - especially as any fee they get for him will be pure profit. Hopefully that significantly increases our chances of keeping him - especially if we’ve qualified for Europe
Does it matter whether the income from sales is pure profit or not?
Surely any sales revenue will count the same against FFP.

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
Does it matter whether the income from sales is pure profit or not?
Surely any sales revenue will count the same against FFP.
You have to write off the balance of the depreciation of the player against that sale.
As an example, A player signed for £100m over 5 years so £20m a year depreciation cost
Keep him for 2 years so he is worth £60m on the books but only get £50m for him, will in effect cost them £10m in the books.
That's how I understand it but I'm sure a DULLARD will correct me

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You have to write off the balance of the depreciation of the player against that sale.
As an example, A player signed for £100m over 5 years so £20m a year depreciation cost
Keep him for 2 years so he is worth £60m on the books but only get £50m for him, will in effect cost them £10m in the books.
That's how I understand it but I'm sure a DULLARD will correct me
Indeed this - academy-sourced players have a zero book value, so any income received is recognised as profit (which offsets FFP losses) rather than simply writing down depreciation.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a HORRENDOUSLY run club. Most of that list of 'sell' players would grace any team with the right manager and set up. None of them are mugs and would flourish but are stifled in the Chelsea Shitshow.
I must admit it's slightly peculiar to me just how badly it's gone. I wouldn't have even thought it possible.

That list of players they think they should sell. They will find it easier to say than do. Who is going to take on Stirling's wages? There's a few on there they will probably loan out whilst paying 90% of the wages

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hard to imagine that Colwill would want to go back in current chaotic circumstances, still less that would he likes of Caicedo or MacAllister would consider going there

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hard to imagine that Colwill would want to go back in current chaotic circumstances, still less that would he likes of Caicedo or MacAllister would consider going there
He will have options

And they will have a new manager and a new start

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Indeed this - academy-sourced players have a zero book value, so any income received is recognised as profit (which offsets FFP losses) rather than simply writing down depreciation.
The profit is only realised (ie included in the accounts) when the player is sold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here