Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That article loses all credence in the first paragraph "Brighton are planning moves to keep two of their stars who have recently caught the eye of England manager Gareth Southgate".

You know it's utter BS, no Brighton player will catch Southgates eye unless its at the pointey end of a sharpest stake, and from then on it gets worse.

Ending with the statement that Colwill as usurped Webster. No, Webster was injured.
He has usurped Webster though……..can’t see him being dropped, even if he is going back up the road at some point.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Big difference Colwill and Van Hecke is preferred foot. We need to find a left footed CB for next season.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I mean, as untrue statements go, that’s just about the most silly I’ve ever, ever read on here. And that’s saying something.
Really? Would find a snowball in Hell more plausible? Flying pigs more realistic? Silly would be to act like a Leeds bellend thinking we have any leverage just because he is enjoying his loan spell.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? Would find a snowball in Hell more plausible? Flying pigs more realistic? Silly would be to act like a Leeds bellend thinking we have any leverage just because he is enjoying his loan spell.
I’m not saying we’ll sign him but we certainly have a chance - he’s about Chelsea’s 7th choice centre back at the mo - obviously he’s young and if they don’t want to sell they won’t. They sold that lump to palace who was rated. So yes there’s 100 times more chance of us signing Colwill than winning the premier league this season. Have you not seen what can happen when people write bold statements like yours on here?!

There’s also a huge difference from Leeds with Ben White. They were all talking like he was obviously gonna go there because they’re massive Leeds. Of course there’s leverage in him having a successful loan spell and enjoying his time here - if he leaves Chelsea and none of the big 7 are interested we’d be top of the list for him - almost certainly. Not bellendry at all.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He has usurped Webster though……..can’t see him being dropped, even if he is going back up the road at some point.

I'm not so sure. However the point is that Colwill got game time because he usurped Webster. He didnt. Webbo was injured and so Colwill got game time. True he's established himself in the team, but we'll have to see what RDZ does as Weboo in his prime is as good as Colwill imo - or the other way around. Either way, Webbo is injury prone and so he'll be brought back in slowly and we have a great replacement with Colwill. Some of the Liverpool game tackles and through balls were just poetry on the park.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Southgate can pick him because technically, he's not our player. The downside is that any selection will up his transfer fee.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That article loses all credence in the first paragraph "Brighton are planning moves to keep two of their stars who have recently caught the eye of England manager Gareth Southgate".

You know it's utter BS, no Brighton player will catch Southgates eye unless its at the pointey end of a sharpest stake, and from then on it gets worse.

Ending with the statement that Colwill as usurped Webster. No, Webster was injured.
Yes, we know it's utter BS. And yes, Webster was injured and Colwill has taken his place. But I guess the loose use of usurp is that Colwill has grasped the opportunity with both hands in Webster's absence. The place has gone for Webster. Colwill is better, quicker thinking and a safer pair of hands. I think Webster is going to join Lamptey in the role of decent back up defender on the bench and hopefully we will do so well that Levi asks Chelsea to let him go for a reasonable fee.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Totally depends on two things
1) where we finish this season - Europe or not
2) how many of our players we keep
If we can show real ambition then players like Ali, Mitoma, Moses etc. might stay and players like Levi might want to sign on

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Looking at Chelsea's squad, they have got a ridiculous amount of quality defenders in the centre back department.

Forfana
Koulibaly
Chalobah
Silva
Badiashile

If they don't qualify for Europe next season, What chance young Levi takes a look and thinks, I'd be better off at Brighton?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Chalobah is dogshit, Koulibaly not much better and who knows about Badiashile. Silva is maybe the best CB in the league but ready for his pension. If I was Colwill I would back myself to start ahead of the rest of those.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Looking at Chelsea's squad, they have got a ridiculous amount of quality defenders in the centre back department.

Forfana
Koulibaly
Chalobah
Silva
Badiashile

If they don't qualify for Europe next season, What chance young Levi takes a look and thinks, I'd be better off at Brighton?
Chelsea would want a fee north of £50m IMO. No chance. Another loan perhaps?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chalobah is dogshit, Koulibaly not much better and who knows about Badiashile. Silva is maybe the best CB in the league but ready for his pension. If I was Colwill I would back myself to start ahead of the rest of those.
I guess it depends on who's Chelsea manager, next season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No deal, hard cold cash upfront for Caicedo, No way are we paying anywhere close to 50 million for a defender when we wont meet Shakhtar Donetsk valuation for Mykola Matviyenko.
I never mentioned us paying £50m, but I'd be delighted if Chelsea would offer £50m and Colwill for Caicedo.

They're well set with CBs but with Kanté going on a free in the summer and Kovacic moving into the final year of his contract, they'll be desperate to sign Moises.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
If, and it's a big if Chelsea don't make Europe this season then wait for the fall out to come a lot quicker than you think. Some of their players who want instant success won't hang around. the likes of Levi may end up being pushed out to make way for more 'bigger' signings. Personally I think he will ship back off to West London but I would certainly like to think he might feather his bed down in these parts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here