Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
This does seem to be getting a bit Leeds & Ben White.

So much so, I think we have absolutely no chance of signing him now.

We’ve totally humiliated Chelsea this season. We’ve bent over and let them take our POTS and then our management team and recruitment head honcho. In returned we’ve effectively taken their place in the top six. It’s brilliant. We’ve destroyed them on the pitch too…..twice. I don’t think they like us very much 😂

And then some people still think we’ve got a chance of signing one of their best prospects? Even if Levi Colwill wants to sign here permanently (which I’m now convinced he does), it just ain’t going to happen. Incredibly frustrating because he is a perfect fit but let’s turn our attention elsewhere. This is the last club on the planet Chelsea will let Levi go to. We accept it and move on.

By all accounts Barber has a great relationship with Boehly. I don't think Chelsea harbor any ill will towards us.

I also don't think it's similar to the Leeds & Ben White situation. When White came back to us, it was to be an important part of our first team. It awaits to be seen in Poch sees Levi as that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
By all accounts Barber has a great relationship with Boehly. I don't think Chelsea harbor any ill will towards us.

I also don't think it's similar to the Leeds & Ben White situation. When White came back to us, it was to be an important part of our first team. It awaits to be seen in Poch sees Levi as that.
Of course they don’t - they gutted us. I hope we feel ill towards them a bit though - even though they’ve been our cash cow this season…! Chelsea tax always!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Agreed. We seem to be able to find loads of talented midfielders from South America but not any defenders.
We used to have a surplus of CBs but most have gone on loan and not really made it to PL level.
JP Van Hecke seems the real deal.
Any other young players coming through?
That's not exactly what people (not me, I should add) were saying after the game against the barcodes!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He obviously wants to stay, and RDZ obviously want him to stay. You can tell how much he loves being here just from reading that interview. Comes across superbly for such a young guy and he has put in some excellent performances for us.

With only two years left on his deal, I reckon Chelsea will cave and we'll get him. If we can use Sanchez as a make weight, that'd be absolutely perfect. I'd be happy for us to do Sanchez & £30m to be honest, he is that good.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I honestly don’t think Chelsea (ownership/management) have any ill regards to us. If a deal is right for them and us, it’s a good possibility.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
I can see a part exchange for Caicedo with Colwill going other way.

Chelsea have 4 CBS right now considered top level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine to have any chance we’ll have to agree to a buy back or first refusal to Chelsea when we decide to cash in on him?

Not things TB does, but then he doesn’t like taking loan players either, but we did with Levi :shrug:

Fair to say I would be very very chuffed if TB can pull this off

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

They might indeed get on very well.

But why would Chelsea want to strengthen one of their top 6 rivals? They must know how unique Colwill is in our squad and how we’ll struggle to find a player like him?

The transfer makes no sense from a Chelsea perspective. It won’t make any sense to Pochettino also when he joins. I don’t want to get my hopes up over signing Levi.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I imagine to have any chance we’ll have to agree to a buy back or first refusal to Chelsea when we decide to cash in on him?

Not things TB does, but then he doesn’t like taking loan players either, but we did with Levi :shrug:

Fair to say I would be very very chuffed if TB can pull this off
First refusal would be absolutely fine. It just means if we accept an offer from one club we have to let Chelsea know and they can match it, if they do we have to accept it too.

Doesn't mean we lose any money if we sell him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Still think another loan is more likely. Which wouldn’t be an awful outcome at all (though I’d love it if we can buy him)
I know we're usually against developing other teams players, but this is one where if another season loan was all we could get then i'd go for it. 2 years of Levi on minimal wages and no transfer fee isnt a bad situation for us. Yes we'd be sending them back a far better player than they originally had, and strengthening a rival, but if they werent receiving that improved player they'd just go out and purchase another one, so what difference does it actually make. & another years loan could mean the idea of making the switch permanently at the end of it could really bed in with what Levi would prefer, and we get him anyway...

He's also feels pretty unique in how perfectly he slots into our defence/style, so if the choice is another years loan which in turn allows us more time to find a suitable permanent replacement or no deal at all, then i'd say take the loan. Unless RDZ can identify a replica Levi Colwill that we can get permanently this summer that is.....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here