Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi and Lewis sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Chelsea defender Levi Colwill, who spent last season on loan at Brighton, hopes he will be given the chance to play alongside former Seagulls team-mate Lewis Dunk.

On being defensive partners last year and now on international duty together, Colwill said: "It is amazing.

"Obviously, playing with each other last year, I don’t think I really thought we would be here together but it shows how hard we have worked. And how we have improved.

"Hopefully we can play together here.

"I don’t think people realise how good he actually is. Being able to play and train with him every day, I realised the things he could do and playing alongside him has helped me out a lot."

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Can’t help wondering if dunk will be any good - there is loads of talk about caicedo et al at Chelsea without RDZ’s exact play they are a bit lost.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Can’t help wondering if dunk will be any good - there is loads of talk about caicedo et al at Chelsea without RDZ’s exact play they are a bit lost.
Not sure it’s the change in style that’s causing Moises’s issues.

I think it’s all about the pressure being put on these young players at Chelsea.

They look terrified of making mistakes.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Imagine it would be a bit of a culture shock for any of our players in the England set up at the moment and Gareth's soul-sapping style of player. Actually a little relieved he won't be able to get his cold, Dementor-like talons into our Solly - could have set him back years :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dunk got his first cap with Southgate, against USA, in a friendly. He helped the team keep a clean sheet by clearing a shot off the line.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely, the two of them get the nod for this weekend.
I'm not so sure against Ukraine. A stat I heard on the radio was something like...

Harry Maguire has 58 caps.
All the other centre-backs in the squad have 8 combined caps.

Given that, and Southgate's safety-first approach, I would expect Maguire to start. I'd put Lewis with him though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Levi Colwill admits Lallana persuaded him to stay at Chelsea this summer :ffsparr:

And having played under Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton, Lallana was quick to give the new Chelsea manager a glowing testimony when asked about him by Colwill.

“I have had conversations with Adam,” said Colwill. “And he told me about how much of a good guy he (Pochettino) was and he thinks he is a really good manager and I took that on board when I was making my decision.

“When I finally met him (Pochettino), I realised everything Adam said was true.”

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Levi Colwill admits Lallana persuaded him to stay at Chelsea this summer :ffsparr:

And having played under Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton, Lallana was quick to give the new Chelsea manager a glowing testimony when asked about him by Colwill.

“I have had conversations with Adam,” said Colwill. “And he told me about how much of a good guy he (Pochettino) was and he thinks he is a really good manager and I took that on board when I was making my decision.

“When I finally met him (Pochettino), I realised everything Adam said was true.”
I wonder if Adam also mentioned "of course, it being Chelsea, Poch will probably be gone within the year, so this is all pointless anyway."

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
England playing out De Zerbi style with Lewis and Levi? I'm all over that. Can't see waistcoat selecting either of them though. He'll revert to tried and tested combos
Dunky and Colwill is a tried and tested combo, but not tried or tested by him, so you're probably right.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
England playing out De Zerbi style with Lewis and Levi? I'm all over that. Can't see waistcoat selecting either of them though. He'll revert to tried and tested combos
The trouble with that is that the first time it's played to a tightly-marked defensive midfielder, he'll lose it and they'd be made to look hopeless.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The trouble with that is that the first time it's played to a tightly-marked defensive midfielder, he'll lose it and they'd be made to look hopeless.

If that tightly marked defender is Rice or Bellingham, the should be able to handle it.

The below team would be great (Grealish is out do replace him with Maddison or Rashford).

Screenshot_2023-09-03-22-24-04-413_com.android.chrome.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here