Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter to the arsgas

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Sporting life
I have been a regular avid reader of The Argus for many years. A provincial paper of high calibre, it has always aimed for truth and quality, any mistakes being rapidly followed by printed apologies. Moreover, its excellent reporting reaches the high standard in its sports pages, which I first began to read when I saw articles written by Andy Naylor.

Before he was 12, Andrew's essays were revealing an unusual command of written English and his peers assured me he would eventually fulfil his ambition to be a sports reporter. I have seen his dream come true, especially in 2006, when his reporting, together with that of Rob Hustwayte and Miles Godfrey, made the front pages of The Argus for two days running on September 8 and 9.

As Albion supporters celebrate the planning permission granted by Hazel Blears, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, for a new stadium at Falmer, this would seem to be an ideal time for sending the above reminiscence from Andy's boyhood.

V Simpson, Rottingdean

Hmmmmmm???

Wasn't he at Patcham Fawcett in the 70s? ( So says my Fawcett mate).
Anyone watching Stoke City in 1978 prepared to explain how they were more entertaining than your home town team. Gloryhunters!!! ( well league cup losers or something like that)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here