Forgot about Forest as away on holiday.

Forest
Rotherham
Bristol
Ipswich
Brentford
Sheffield Wed
Fulham

LIke I suggested though, if all evening games allowed an upgrade that should be sufficient. I don't think the club should allow unlimited upgrades for Saturdays just because children have something else to do, eg parties, sleepovers etc. The system then becomes subject to a lot of abuse. The price for U10s is very cheap, I think as low as £70 for the East Stand, thats less than £3 per game.

Not just children. It applies to oap rickets too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As far as I can tell with the club having been enforcing it recently it's from the start of this season

The beginning of this season. I'm down to 2 upgrades left. The next time you upgrade they will almost certainly tell you how many you have remaining.

Ok, thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When I renewed my sons season ticket I knew, as he was starting Uni he wasn't going to be able to go to every match, so when they said he could have an under 21 price I said 'no please make it an adult one as upgrading is a bit of a pain'. This caused problems. They had to ask their manager if I could buy an adult ticket for an under 21. I completely agree with the above, but sometimes they make it difficult.

Interesting as that is exactly what I intend to do next season as Mini will be an U21 but going away to Uni

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe people are getting back for all the dross served in the past? I mean if any of us get a free pie by mistake or too much change no one hands it back because low value for money at other times. All very well buying into this emotional blackmail about robbing Tony but frankly everyone has taken something or turned a blind eye when had chance. The bigger then business, the less people feel guilty. And let's face it, the lossss aren't because of the odd person sneaking in on a child pass. It's paying the likes of CMS silly money for average performances. Such is football. Tony has been super generous. But he's still a very rich man so sure many people think they can try and get away with.

The C & A store in Western Road Brighton lost more through theft than they made in profit, and soon after, the whole chain went bust with all their employees being made redundant.

This big company can afford the losses so it's ok to steal from them is a load of rubbish and it hurts the honest shoppers (who end up paying more to try to cover these losses) and employees (who may have hours / numbers cut or paid lower wages (only the min wage) to counter these losses)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So here's a couple of things. I'm in West Stand Lower. Should I be fortunate enought to reach Concessions age, can I have a concessionary price please. I have never understood why this area has no concessionary prices, although there are regular children and older fans presumably paying full price.

Secondly if your child can't go for some reason, don't leave the seat empty. If you have run out of upgrades, just take another child. A sibling, friend of your own child, nephew, niece, surely there must be someone who would love to go to the Amex.

I have one adult and 3 kids tickets. Have done since 2 years before Amex. 2 kids are mine and both virtually are always there but the third kid lost interest. I kept the ticket going and have done probably 4 or 5 upgrades.

I guess there is nothing stopping using the other 12 upgrades available on the other 2 kids tickets?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps the club could look at an upgrade option on children's tickets for evening matches only - they could even charge a little up front for this 'bolt on' facility.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have one adult and 3 kids tickets. Have done since 2 years before Amex. 2 kids are mine and both virtually are always there but the third kid lost interest. I kept the ticket going and have done probably 4 or 5 upgrades.

I guess there is nothing stopping using the other 12 upgrades available on the other 2 kids tickets?

6 per ticket one would assume

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton and Hove Albion

Premier Legal Ready

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The C & A store in Western Road Brighton lost more through theft than they made in profit, and soon after, the whole chain went bust with all their employees being made redundant.

This big company can afford the losses so it's ok to steal from them is a load of rubbish and it hurts the honest shoppers (who end up paying more to try to cover these losses) and employees (who may have hours / numbers cut or paid lower wages (only the min wage) to counter these losses)

I know all that. But many don't see it that way. I'm sure everyone's dodged a train ticket, got into a cinema on a child etc. Doesn't make it right. But it's life! I wonder if the club are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut here? Are we losing £10m a season because of? Or less than £10k? In which case they'd be better tackling not getting robbed by players agents than supporters!! :)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The Interesting bit for me was this

''Finally, we reserve the right to recover any historical monies found to be owing to the club from anyone whose season ticket is found to have been used fraudulently to consistently gain entry to the stadium, without the correct ticket price being paid. We will do this to protect the club's legitimate revenues and also out of respect to the vast majority of our supporters who have paid the correct ticket price.''

Exactly how will this be done?

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
It's because perhaps some people will buy a very cheap child season ticket with the intention of very many upgrades. It works out cheaper than buying a full adult ticket.

So just make it so the upgrade is eqivalent to the full match price and then the club don't lose any revenue and the child season ticket holder gets the option to bring a paying adult whenever they want who buys food and drink in the stadium and fills the seat - bingo...everybody wins.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
does the turnstile flash a different colour on entry for oap? friend of mine has an oap ticket for first time this season (previously was adult ticket) and has had recent eye surgery, meaning he has missed last two games. gave ticket to his son in law to use and when we queried it with him it flashed green as usual. now he's worried of course, altho should be returning himself after Boro. can he upgrade ticket for a match by phone or can soninlaw do so himself at the game (without the ticket owner)?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
does the turnstile flash a different colour on entry for oap? friend of mine has an oap ticket for first time this season (previously was adult ticket) and has had recent eye surgery, meaning he has missed last two games. gave ticket to his son in law to use and when we queried it with him it flashed green as usual. now he's worried of course, altho should be returning himself after Boro. can he upgrade ticket for a match by phone or can soninlaw do so himself at the game (without the ticket owner)?

Concessionary tickets flash yellow

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We allow up to six upgrades because we fully appreciate that our younger fans may struggle to commit to every match, particularly midweek evening games that fall on a school night. At the seventh time of asking for an upgrade we will allow the season ticket to be fully upgraded for the remainder, of the season but we do not permit any further match by match upgrades.

Reasonable provided that Sky don't f*ck about with the fixtures and move games that were scheduled for a certain time and day, let's say Sat at 3pm, to another day/time, let's say Fri at 7:45pm so that there are more games that youngsters may not be able attend than was originally planned by the FL at the beginning of the season when we made the commitment for a ST.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Speak for yourself.

I don't really want to go into detail on here but have been upgrading a family ticket on a match by match basis as a family member isn't well enough to attend.

I hope your dad's ok, Notters. Best wishes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here