Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's get some pace

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Who’s of thought a team like Spurs would come and park the bus, just shows how far we’ve come really. No need to start panicking and changing to much. As already mentioned, we always struggle to break down teams who sit back. We had chances but didn’t take them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who’s of thought a team like Spurs would come and park the bus, just shows how far we’ve come really. No need to start panicking and changing to much. As already mentioned, we always struggle to break down teams who sit back. We had chances but didn’t take them.

Well, they did after they got their goal. First 20 mins they went all out attack and tried to stop us getting into any kind of rhythm, we were under a lot of pressure. They are a very pragmatic side. Got their lead, then carried their threat on the counter without taking too many risks. Not sure I would call it parking the bus because they came to win, just that we gave them something to hold onto too early in the game.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Well, they did after they got their goal. First 20 mins they went all out attack and tried to stop us getting into any kind of rhythm, we were under a lot of pressure. They are a very pragmatic side. Got their lead, then carried their threat on the counter without taking too many risks. Not sure I would call it parking the bus because they came to win, just that we gave them something to hold onto too early in the game.

I might have slightly exaggerated Spurs parked the bus. :lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
I might have slightly exaggerated Spurs parked the bus. :lolol:

While a slight exaggeration, in the second half they basically had 10 men behind the ball and only left Kane up. The way that they set up was highlighted on MOTD.

We should take it as a compliment that a team in third place set up to match us and then had to go into such a defensive mode. A few years ago, they would have pushed on from going one up to looking for a convincing victory, not holding out for a hard earned win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here