Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] L'Équipe marks for our boys

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The strangest thing about the Equipe report is that there was no mention of Brighton's first goal. There were three articles that mentioned how Lamptey should have been off though

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From today's paper:

Steele 4
Veltman 5
Dunk 4
Van Hecke 5
Lamptey 6
Gross 6
Dahoud 5
March 4
Mitoma 7
Fati 4
Welbeck 3

De Zerbi 6

Subs not graded

Thoughts?
Are they out of seven?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Steele is about right.
He’s not a good goalie and the second one was atrocious.
Every shot heading goalwards looks like being a goal
I mean, I'd say the second goal was more down to Dunk than Steele and I can remember at least two saves that Steele made to keep it at 2-0, but sure he's... 'not a good goalie'

:shrug:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Naughty I know - but from The Times;

Marseille (4-4-2): P López 7 — J Clauss 6, C Mbemba 7, L Balerdi 7, M Murillo 6 — A Harit 8, J Veretout 7 (A Ounahi 50min), V Rongier 6, J Correa 7 (Sarr 62) — P Aubameyang 6 (Vitinha 62, 7), I Ndiaye 6 (R Lodi 79). Booked Balerdi, Clauss, Sarr.

Brighton & Hove Albion (4-2-3-1): J Steele 7 — J Veltman 6, P van Hecke, 6 L Dunk 6, T Lamptey 7 — M Dahoud 6 (B Gilmour 67, 6), P Gross 7 — S March 6 (S Adingra 77), A Fati 7 (João Pedro 67, 7), K Mitoma 7 — D Welbeck 6 (E Ferguson 77).
I may be in the minority but L'Équipe's rankings would be closer to mine than The Times'. 6 for Welbeck :oops:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
PSG players got 2 or 3 for their "efforts" at Newcastle. As stated elsewhere, they ain't effusive with praise.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Edit a bit stingy maybe, but tends to be how I saw the game overall.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I mean, I'd say the second goal was more down to Dunk than Steele and I can remember at least two saves that Steele made to keep it at 2-0, but sure he's... 'not a good goalie'

:shrug:
The second goal was obviously initiated by Dunk's error, but it was hit straight at Steele and went through him. Be nice if he could pull something out of the bag every now and then. The two shots he saved were from the edge of the box. If he's not saving them then he shouldn't even be in a PL squad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The second goal was obviously initiated by Dunk's error, but it was hit straight at Steele and went through him. Be nice if he could pull something out of the bag every now and then. The two shots he saved were from the edge of the box. If he's not saving them then he shouldn't even be in a PL squad.
Like this, you mean?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
From today's paper:

Steele 4
Veltman 5
Dunk 4
Van Hecke 5
Lamptey 6
Gross 6
Dahoud 5
March 4
Mitoma 7
Fati 4
Welbeck 3

De Zerbi 6

Subs not graded

Thoughts?
Lamptey was our best player, Mitoma was anonymous in first half, with few dodgy passes and poor control, better in second but no way our best player.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder how many pages the Marseiile forum has on the ref’s performance :wink:
I think at least you can disagree on here and get out alive.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So Steele is the irrational new NSC whipping boy.

Following in the illustrious footsteps of:
Ashley Barnes
David Lopez
Dale Stephens
Tomor Hemed
Solly March

:lolol:
Some people have very short memories...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I bought a copy. Just because it’s got Dunk on the front. Don’t think I will bother to translate it though.
IMG_1294.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here