Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa was an £8 million bargain for Leicester, says Nigel Pearson...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand why one of, if not the biggest, transfer by a Championship club would be seen as par for the course.
Especially one that could be construed as a flop considering they are still in the Championship.

He was bought as a Premier League player from a Championship club, not Championship to Championship.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
At least he'll get Leicester goals in the Championship next season.... wonder if his contract has a relegation wage reduction clause in it?!? A rather expensive Championship striker, reckon we bagged a nice payoff there.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
At least he'll get Leicester goals in the Championship next season.... wonder if his contract has a relegation wage reduction clause in it?!? A rather expensive Championship striker, reckon we bagged a nice payoff there.

He will get 25 for leicester in the Championship if he stays fit

huge

Mar 23, 2011
<Daily Mail>: "The Foxes boss knows there were one or two raised eyebrows when he splashed the cash for the 28-year-old.

But it's a gamble that's paying off and Pearson is convinced it's been money well spent.

He said: "When you look at how much players cost right now, I don't think it was expensive.

"We broke our record to get him but we felt he had the qualities we needed - not just in terms of goals, but his link-up play has been excellent too."

The significance for me of this story in today's Daily Mail is that Leicester originally offered £3 million for the player, a derisory amount but an offer that doubtless turned the players head. They ended up paying £8 million and Pearson is implying Albion's valuation of £10 million might actually have been spot on.

How is ANY of this helping football?

Had Leicester paid the going rate at the start we would have had cash in the bank and more time to source a proper replacement, not scrabbling around two weeks before the start of the season and panic-buying O'Grady, Colunga and Baldock. Indeed, this is the reason we sit in 19th place today.

Go fvck yourselves Leicester.

Hold the Phone!!

We paid 2million EUROS for him!!!. He was good from the start and I don't think you can say he significantly improved under our patronage. So we pay what...? the equivalent of £1.8 m for a player 2 years before (so you can take that playing time off his value for the onward sale) from Almeria. Do you think we ripped off Almeria? We paid 22.5% of what he was sold to Leicester for. A player is only worth what someone will pay for him If no one wants to pay £10 million he's not worth £10 million. So he's was worth £8 million. If he is now worth more as he's scoring a few goals in the Prem so be it, we made £6 million+ on that little deal.....

If you can make over 400% return on investments then you'd be living in Monaco getting Blowjobs off models and travelling around in privet jets.... Personally that's good business in my book.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
then you'd be living in Monaco getting Blowjobs off models and travelling around in privet jets....

tropiary2.jpg

5052968.jpeg

elephant.jpg

Now something as rare as a privet jet must cost a few bob

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I knew he'd flop once his game was found out in the Prem. His movement was never good enough at that level for his price.

This. Bullied out of many games by Championship defenders, who also out paced him with ease, Ulloa at £8m was a big misjudgement by Pearson, and we will soon see Ulloa back on our division. Ulloa hasn't scored a league goal since boxing day! Not PL first eleven quality.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
J
Hold the Phone!!

We paid 2million EUROS for him!!!. He was good from the start and I don't think you can say he significantly improved under our patronage. So we pay what...? the equivalent of £1.8 m for a player 2 years before (so you can take that playing time off his value for the onward sale) from Almeria. Do you think we ripped off Almeria? We paid 22.5% of what he was sold to Leicester for. A player is only worth what someone will pay for him If no one wants to pay £10 million he's not worth £10 million. So he's was worth £8 million. If he is now worth more as he's scoring a few goals in the Prem so be it, we made £6 million+ on that little deal.....

If you can make over 400% return on investments then you'd be living in Monaco getting Blowjobs off models and travelling around in privet jets.... Personally that's good business in my book.

You missed my point completely, which was not that the end fee was wrong but that Leicester pissed us around for weeks making derisory offers whilst turning his head which, in turn, buggered our summer.

He looked good for us against Arsenal, he got the vital goal at Forest, he was clearly worth £8 million from the word go. Almeria is irrelevant. Leicester had Prem money to spend so you pay the going rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here