Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not that many players left who played alongside him now. The 2004 Play-off Final...

Roberts; Virgo, Butters, Cullip, Harding; Hart, Carpenter (Reid 61), Oatway, Jones (Piercy 78); Iwelumo, Knight. Subs not used: Kuipers, Mayo, Hinshelwood.

So not too many would want to tear him a new arsehole upon any far-fetched return.

Incidentally, no spare forwards for that match. Some things never change...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The 2004 Play-off Final...

Roberts; Virgo, Butters, Cullip, Harding; Hart, Carpenter (Reid 61), Oatway, Jones (Piercy 78); Iwelumo, Knight. Subs not used: Kuipers, Mayo, Hinshelwood.

Reading this, what struck me was that if that was the team promoted to the Championship last time around, who in that team (at the time) would be good enough to get into the first XI now?

Virgo obviously but not at right back. Kuipers ahead of Roberts? Think thats close but I have always preferred FDM. Harding/Richards... no brainer, Harding cost us WAY too many goals...

Butters and Cullip v Elphick and Hawkins - Possibly Butters/Cullip shade that as they have more time together, but Elphick/Hawkins has the makings to be potentially better.

Hart or Cox... Cox all the way, Carpenter or Virgo... never liked Chippy, he ALWAYS played that damn dink ball without looking which went out of play, so Virgo. Oatway or Thomson... pretty even i would say. Jones or McLeod... I liked Jones, but for all the trickery the end product wasnt there enough - Mcleod looks to have the potential to be a lot better.

As for the strikers... well Iwelumo was crap with us (Yes I know he been banging them in at Champ level since, but I did say "at the time") and Knight was just a little **** who knew where the goal was... Murray and Forster every time!

So in conclusion - probably only the two Centre Backs and Virgo... which ironically is probably our most solid area of the side at the moment! So either the division has ramped up a lot since 2004 or we should be playoff certainties!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For all his faults,we all have them,I'm sure, I'd have him back....he knows where the goal is.;);)

thats for sure and if he came on a week to week contract MA could shove him sideways whenever he liked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here