Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight has been banned from playing football in this country until 2011!

richmond

May 30, 2008
Leon Knight has managed to work his way down and out of the Football League, the same with the Conference football and now out of the country: this is taken from Wikipedia:

On 12 December 2008, Rushden & Diamonds confirmed that Knight had been sacked after continuous breachs of conduct between November and December 2008. Despite the contract termination, Knight was prevented from joining another club, until the term of his contract had expired. Rushden have confirmed that they are not allowing any club to sign Knight on a free transfer and that they must pay a transfer fee to Rushden.[citation needed] The FA have confirmed and validated this, meaning so Leon Knight could not play at any level of football until 2011-2012 season.[citation needed] The official date was not confirmed.

On 13 January 2009, Knight joined Greek club, Thrasyvoulos F.C., on a six-month contract.

Leon played for England at under 19 and under 20 level.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
such a waste. he could have done a kazim he had the abillity

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Leon Knight has managed to work his way down and out of the Football League, the same with the Conference football and now out of the country: this is taken from Wikipedia:

On 12 December 2008, Rushden & Diamonds confirmed that Knight had been sacked after continuous breachs of conduct between November and December 2008. Despite the contract termination, Knight was prevented from joining another club, until the term of his contract had expired. Rushden have confirmed that they are not allowing any club to sign Knight on a free transfer and that they must pay a transfer fee to Rushden.[citation needed] The FA have confirmed and validated this, meaning so Leon Knight could not play at any level of football until 2011-2012 season.[citation needed] The official date was not confirmed.

On 13 January 2009, Knight joined Greek club, Thrasyvoulos F.C., on a six-month contract.

Leon played for England at under 19 and under 20 level.

and now they've released him too.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Sounds dodgy to me, restraint of trade? I don't know much about it, but a restraint of trade covenant will be void unless it is designed to protect legitimate business interests.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He'll be back just in time for Falmer!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
friday fun- a threadful of fit ladies..

view

good to hear th short ars wont be bothering any football field soon, but wonder how a club can still have a hold on someone afte they sacked him-

surely their contract becomes null and void?

I'd imagine its similar to the Mutu case when he left Chelsea; a court found that they were still entitled to hold onto his registration (and claim compensation from Mutu/Juventus), as he'd been sacked for gross misconduct. Another club cannot benefit from the fact that a club has 'had' to sack a player for misbehaving.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not exactly banned.

If someone pays a fee for him, he'll get to play. It's not the same as a ban, is it?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Surely he can't just go to another country and play for another team whilst he's still under contract?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Silly silly boy....Not really the best way to get yourself work...

Um can I come and play for you? My old club won't let me play for them, but you'll have to pay them to let me play for you... I'll try and promise not to be naughty again but I've failed before....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here