Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Indeed, the whole McCammon issues is completly different to LK. In a relegation battle i would have McC every day of the week. Least he gives a shit. After the Burnley game he tried a lot harder and improved himself. Knigh turned into a child and handed in a transfer request.

We want players with the desire to play for us and the self displin to change and improve, not someone who will throw all the toys out of the pram when he is left out of the team.

But if Trolley handed in a transfer request in, nobody would come in for him.

Millwall are still pinching themselves that they managed to con £15k out of us for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Millwall are still pinching themselves that they managed to con £15k out of us for him.

15k well spent considering he scored some crucial goals that made the difference as to which division we are in this season. However much you wish to continue mocking him you can't take that away

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Buck said:

But he didn't cause he was man enough to see he was in the wrong and learnt from it. 15k Well spent in my opinion, even if just for the goal against Sunderland.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
15k well spent considering he scored some crucial goals that made the difference as to which division we are in this season. However much you wish to continue mocking him you can't take that away

Crucial goals?

He scored ONE crucial goal last season against Sunderland. He did score against Derby twice, but oh, we lost 3-2, so they were of bugger all use.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:

How come I got flammed for saying the same thing about Leons goals. :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyHitler said:
Because OBVIOUSLY the win over Sunderland was worth more points then the wins over Gillingham, Watford, the point against Cardiff, and some other team I can't remember.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Leon Knight is a winner.....
Leon Knight is a little twat who the club is best rid of... Joe Gatting would have probably scored those 9 goals in 2 years and without being a negative influence on the rest of the team

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:

I made the comment to try and explain to your mentor that 15k was well spent seeing as it kept us in the division. I don't recall ever slating anything about the little god's footballing abilities in the vein that big Mac gets slated, rightly or wrongly.

Worshipping a player and defending him are not the same thing though :)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I made the comment to try and explain to your mentor that 15k was well spent seeing as it kept us in the division. I don't recall ever slating anything about the little god's footballing abilities in the vein that big Mac gets slated, rightly or wrongly.

Worshipping a player and defending him are not the same thing though :)

But then that 15k brought us 3 points if you count his contribution as goals, he got 3 goals, but only one of those goals earnt us any points (cue Steve going on about the flick on against Gillingham).

Knights 4 goals last season earnt us 10 points.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Please can we not build Joe Gatting up?

It has hardly done much for Robinson.
Jake unfortunately has too much in common with Leon... Joe is made of much sterner stuff - hail the new Alan Shearer

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But then that 15k brought us 3 points if you count his contribution as goals, he got 3 goals, but only one of those goals earnt us any points (cue Steve going on about the flick on against Gillingham).

Knights 4 goals last season earnt us 10 points.

Forget Knight he has nothing to do with the point I am trying to make, do you still reckon it wasn't worth the 15k, putting aside all your prejudices, as it was 3 points that contributed to the total. Without them we'd be in League 1

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Because OBVIOUSLY the win over Sunderland was worth more points then the wins over Gillingham, Watford, the point against Cardiff, and some other team I can't remember.

The win against gillingham was a penalty, which most of players would have scored.

How about the Notts forest Missed pen? That was crucial. Didn't he miss a couple more penalties as well last season.

We could argue all day about the chances Knight and McCammon ect have missed and scored. The bottom line is that hes gone, we might have made a mistake we might not have. We will have to wait and see.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Forget Knight he has nothing to do with the point I am trying to make, do you still reckon it wasn't worth the 15k, putting aside all your prejudices, as it was 3 points that contributed to the total. Without them we'd be in League 1

I actually do not think it has been, who is to say if another player had been in that position they would not have scored it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports