Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:
No no, he's not good enough for the championship, McCammon is the God of being a Useful Option, etc etc.

:shootself

You need a new mantra...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bwian said:
:shootself

You need a new mantra...

Indeed, the whole McCammon issues is completly different to LK. In a relegation battle i would have McC every day of the week. Least he gives a shit. After the Burnley game he tried a lot harder and improved himself. Knigh turned into a child and handed in a transfer request.

We want players with the desire to play for us and the self displin to change and improve, not someone who will throw all the toys out of the pram when he is left out of the team.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Anyone who says Leon is not good enough for the championship or cant cut it as this level is wrong. The gulf between the Championship and Div1 is not so huge that a 25+ goal scorer suddenly turns into 5 goals as season. Any player in this division capable of scoring that many goals would be good enough for at least half the prem

You can slate his attittude :bla::bla::bla: but bottom line is he was one of our only players who was/is good enough for this
division

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
Sorry, we are not talking a few days and one issue here. Magoo has had it in for Leon for months.

Trouble is you hate Mcghee and so it's hard to take anything you say seriously ......

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
maffew said:
Anyone who says Leon is not good enough for the championship or cant cut it as this level is wrong. The gulf between the Championship and Div1 is not so huge that a 25+ goal scorer suddenly turns into 5 goals as season. Any player in this division capable of scoring that many goals would be good enough for at least half the prem

You can slate his attittude :bla::bla::bla: but bottom line is he was one of our only players who was/is good enough for this
division

You do talk some shit! He was playing the same team that he scored 27 goals for, he was getting the same service but only managed to find the net 4 times in 40 games. Yes, seems like hes good enough dont it. Its also has something to do with the fact that he scored 16 penalties in that division, refs and defenders at this level are better and realised that he did tend to dive quite a bit. You done goal from a 27 goals striker to a four goal striker cause your good enough for this level.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yoda said:
Odd? I seem to remember him scoring one, setting up Carole and hitting the shot that caused the o.g. up there this season when we were keeping the f***ing ball on the ground.

Trouble is, this is a team game and as a team we can't consitently play it on the deck. Therefore you need a striker who can also play when it's more direct. LK couldn't or wouldn't. I would hazard a guess that if the ball was on the deck more JR would score more ... but it isn't. That's life.

We played the ball on the deck more in Div 1, only because teams let us, that's not the case now. Swansea may well have a similar problem if they promoted. Hull most certainly have, and they played lovely football in div 1.

What pisses me off is that suddenly LK is God when, a couple of months ago he was scum. He can't be both can he?, I rate him, I just think he lets himself down with his attitude, he isn't a player that flourishes in a team that's struggling.

Also if we had won against Millwall I don't think this would have been such an issue.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Deportivo Seagull said:

Also if we had won against Millwall I don't think this would have been such an issue.

I think it probably would have been, some people seem to think that LK is a God and even had we won 4-0 against Millwall some would have said we would have had 6 if Leon was on the team.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
You do talk some shit! He was playing the same team that he scored 27 goals for, he was getting the same service but only managed to find the net 4 times in 40 games. Yes, seems like hes good enough dont it. Its also has something to do with the fact that he scored 16 penalties in that division, refs and defenders at this level are better and realised that he did tend to dive quite a bit. You done goal from a 27 goals striker to a four goal striker cause your good enough for this level.
:jester: :dunce:

So you think it was LEON who couldn't make the step up, not the majority of the side? If he were playing as well as we were in the division below why are we struglging against relegation? He scored SEVEN penalties, not SIXTEEN :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: Try not making things up. :lolol:
Do you really think he was getting the same service last season and this as the season we went up? If so I would suggest you either don't actually go to games or even listen to them on the radio, or you go but keep your eyes closed the whole time.

But thanks for one of the most amusing posts I've read for a while. :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a surprise. Knight has one good game against the bottom team in the division below and suddenly he is brilliant. Look at the 18 months of evidence we had with only 9 goals and it is clear that one swallow does not make a summer. Be realistic, we will not be able to judge his sale until he plays in this division again. Until then he was out of contract in the summer and not giving 100% during games so I am glad he has gone.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In the immortal words of Messrs Hall and Oates, He's gone, we've got to learn how to face it.

Because even if he scores three goals a game for Swansea every game this year, he's not coming back (that bit is NOT by Hall and Oates btw), and I, for one, would still think it was right to get rid of the little twat when we did. Time to move on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man of Harveys said:
In the immortal words of Messrs Hall and Oates, He's gone, we've got to learn how to face it.

Because even if he scores three goals a game for Swansea every game this year, he's not coming back (that bit is NOT by Hall and Oates btw), and I, for one, would still think it was right to get rid of the little twat when we did. Time to move on.

What he said. End of thread.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Perry Milkins said:
Wish I was a great bloke like you, having cool mates on here and supporting a top club like Spurs. It 's nice that you lower yourself to give your valued opinions on the board of a gutter trash (pony) team.

:yawn:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Why am I not surprised? Whenever leon feels he's got something to prove he plays his socks off. No one can fail to see his potential. However... he did it with us in Div 1 so no surprise there. He gets more time on the ball than he did in the Championhsip. Secondly, one game doesn't make a season. let's wait until June and then evaluate whether we were right to get rid of him or not.

Personally good luck to him an Swansea but Mcghee... and Dick Knight..made the right decision.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I know you're all for the wind up Kinky but it's funny to see your posts change from "we" (Brighton) when things are going well to "you" when things look like going down the shitter. Get some continuity!

When have I ever denied supporting Spurs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here