Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I only heard the news via Chris Moyles' show this morning, and to be honest I was gutted.

But in the cold light of day, it was - as people have said already - his honeymoon. Of course he was out to give McGhee the bird. Who wouldn't?

More importantly, perhaps, he was playing last night for a team buzzing with excitement and confidence, and that naturally bounces around the pitch and onto Leon himself. Where was the team-confidence at the Albion?

Last edited:

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Here here well said were is are confidence gone let alone team spirit and who's job is it may i say a large part of his job to do that, i think you know where this is going.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
1066Seagull said:
LEON GOT HIS HAT TRICK!
He wanted to join A TEAM that play good football and it`s paid off. Well done Leon and good luck next season in the CCC. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :drink:

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***ing short arse whinging c*nt , he can do it when he's not being lazy and skulking around . . . . .. . . .. .in league 1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
caz99 said:
if they are top of league 1 doesnt that make them very similar to whoever is near the bottom of the championship?

It makes them similar, but not the opposition. Reading or MK Dons, who are you going to score more against?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
eastlondonseagull said:
I only heard the news via Chris Moyles' show this morning, and to be honest I was gutted.

But in the cold light of day, it was - as people have said already - his honeymoon. Of course he was out to give McGhee the bird. Who wouldn't?

More importantly, perhaps, he was playing last night for a team buzzing with excitement and confidence, and that naturally bounces around the pitch and onto Leon himself. Where was the team-confidence at the Albion?

Completely f***ed-up by Mr Magoo!

So alright, Knight may be a handfull to manage, but it would have been more productive for Magoo to work with Leon, than to act as he did, and waste his time trying to get a replacement goalscorer for 50p!

Selling Leon for £125k after weeks of slagging him off, or deciding that he was not wanted at the club (for whatever reason) and talking up his value. Which would have been better for us? ???

:nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree to an extent 3gulls, but you are absolving Leon Knight of any blame whatsoever, and that's not fair on the manager.

Let's just see who McGhee replaces him with...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3gulls said:

Selling Leon for £125k after weeks of slagging him off, or deciding that he was not wanted at the club (for whatever reason) and talking up his value. Which would have been better for us? ???

:nono:

I doubt MM was going to move him on, but LK requested a transfer and then behaved in a way that no manager with an ounce of self respect would have tolerated. Talking up his value wasn't an option as the shit hit the fan at a critical time and was then released to the press by Leons's agent. But let's blame McGhee for that as well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What choice did we have when he was obviously not going to sign a new contract. He was dropped because of his work rate and attitude, and then handed in a request for a transfer, before the Southampton saga, then handed in a second.....

That would suggest our hands were tied really. How much do you think he was worth? Contract running out.....below par performances.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BarrelofFun said:
What choice did we have when he was obviously not going to sign a new contract. He was dropped because of his work rate and attitude, and then handed in a request for a transfer, before the Southampton saga, then handed in a second.....

That would suggest our hands were tied really. How much do you think he was worth? Contract running out.....below par performances.....

What he said.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Icy Gull said:
I doubt MM was going to move him on, but LK requested a transfer and then behaved in a way that no manager with an ounce of self respect would have tolerated. Talking up his value wasn't an option as the shit hit the fan at a critical time and was then released to the press by Leons's agent. But let's blame McGhee for that as well.

And him

Yoda

English & European
jimmyseagull said:
Good for him. M K Dons Yes, Leeds Utd NO

Odd? I seem to remember him scoring one, setting up Carole and hitting the shot that caused the o.g. up there this season when we were keeping the f***ing ball on the ground.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Icy Gull said:

Sorry, we are not talking a few days and one issue here. Magoo has had it in for Leon for months.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yoda said:
Odd? I seem to remember him scoring one, setting up Carole and hitting the shot that caused the o.g. up there this season when we were keeping the f***ing ball on the ground.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yoda said:

dont be rediculous....when has facts ever come into an argument on NSC

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yoda said:

No no, he's not good enough for the championship, McCammon is the God of being a Useful Option, etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here