Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight Debut For Swansea [merged]

NMH said:
This is a saddest bottom line about the whole affair.
There will be the detrators who will say "it was only MKDons" or "he put himself out, just let's see if he scores goals in a month time/in the Championship"

To my eyes, he was hopelessly badly deployed, hopelessly played out of the game, and hopelessly out of position for us.

At least MM put his foot down and proved who was boss eh? (said completely cynically)

Absolute total and utter bollocks.

He was playing in almost the same team that came up from League 1 where he scored all those goals. Getting the same service that he had before. He's just not good enough at Championship level. His record speaks for itself. He was rarely played out of position, he was rarely played up on his own.

Well done to him for getting a hat trick on his debut against the weakest team in the division below us. Hardly a test was it?

Swansea will come up, Leon will struggle. He'll fall out with Jackett, they'll sell him to Brentford. Repeat ad nauseum.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
NMH said:
This is a saddest bottom line about the whole affair.
There will be the detrators who will say "it was only MKDons" or "he put himself out, just let's see if he scores goals in a month time/in the Championship"

To my eyes, he was hopelessly badly deployed, hopelessly played out of the game, and hopelessly out of position for us.

At least MM put his foot down and proved who was boss eh? (said completely cynically)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry I don't swear very often and I dont often attack fellow albion fans but its one big finger to all the wankers that were slagging him off.

As juicy said its a shitty affair if he carries on he will be playing league next season that we are more than likely going to get relegated from.

I

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Yorkie said:
Why?
He did the same August 2003 for us.
He did the same for Huddersfield.
League 1 is not the Championship Kev.

if they are top of league 1 doesnt that make them very similar to whoever is near the bottom of the championship?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloody hell 17 pages :ohmy:

Couldn't be arsed to read all that, but I'll add my two pence worth anyway.

Well done to Leon, hope he continues the good form as it's always nice to see ex-albion players doing well.

Agree with all those saying he's back at his level. A hatrick against a league one relegation side does not confirm him as a striker of championship quality. He had a season and a half to prove that and failed, and 90% of that time he was up front with a strike partner and not played out of position.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I wasn't going to post this but ..... whilst freezing my knackers of watching my son play footy on saturday morning, I was talking to one of the other parents (who's son is also in the same class at school as my son). She knows FDM and his wife, FDM certainly wasn't happy about being dropped, but his view is that at 32 he's getting old and the club are looking to the future, apparently flo will be better than Henderson. Anyway, I asked about if she had heard about anything about little Leon, the reply was much laughing and a comment that he was apparently a 'right little s**t'.
Now granted this is 3rd hand and the Lady in question doesn't like football, mind you hardly surprising as her dad used to take her to Selarse park:ohmy: but I used to get the updates on FDM and they were always correct. BTW if you want to upset FDM, call him a chef.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I guessed there would be a few on here, but lets get this straight :

1/ Everyone accepts he is talented
2/ Everyone believes he can score goals in league 1
3/ Everyone believes he will start well with a new team

A sizeable number of people (including myself) believe

1/ He struggles to be effective against championship defenders
2/ He struggles to motivate himself after the 'honeymoon period'
3/ If things aren't going well for him, instead of knuckling down to work harder, he starts blaming all around him, disrupting the team.

So to everyone on here who is 'proving the Leon doubters wrong'

LEARN TO READ :salute:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
WATFORD zero said:
I guessed there would be a few on here, but lets get this straight :

1/ Everyone accepts he is talented
2/ Everyone believes he can score goals in league 1
3/ Everyone believes he will start well with a new team

A sizeable number of people (including myself) believe

1/ He struggles to be effective against championship defenders
2/ He struggles to motivate himself after the 'honeymoon period'
3/ If things aren't going well for him, instead of knuckling down to work harder, he starts blaming all around him, disrupting the team.

So to everyone on here who is 'proving the Leon doubters wrong'

LEARN TO READ :salute:

Nothing to do with learning to read its for all the patronising tossers on here who have to shove their viewpoint across as the right one. they are the ones that should learn to read because it is what it says it is a viewpoint!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If he had a shit debut and had got sent off for diving, how many on here would still be singing his praises? Selective memory syndrome starts early on here.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Good luck Leon.

As we all know - as long as the goals are going in everything is hunky-dory for Leon - as everyone else makes allowances. Leon's problems start when the goals dry up - as they do for strikers. Then people tend not to make so many allowances.

Of course he could have got better service - but then he could also have put himself about a bit more. It's a team game.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Absolute total and utter bollocks.

He was playing in almost the same team that came up from League 1 where he scored all those goals. Getting the same service that he had before. He's just not good enough at Championship level. His record speaks for itself. He was rarely played out of position, he was rarely played up on his own.

Well done to him for getting a hat trick on his debut against the weakest team in the division below us. Hardly a test was it?

Swansea will come up, Leon will struggle. He'll fall out with Jackett, they'll sell him to Brentford. Repeat ad nauseum.

Well said sir.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Leon couldn't/wouldn't do it for us.

As far as I'm am concerned this showed disrespect for the club and fans.

We are well rid.:salute: :salute: :salute:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle C said:
Leon couldn't/wouldn't do it for us.

As far as I'm am concerned this showed disrespect for the club and fans.

We are well rid.:salute: :salute: :salute:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
BarrelofFun said:
Isn't that exactly what you have been doing as well???

not until now no. some people on here clearly have the view they are a lot better than other fans and to be honest most of the time it doesnt bother me however sometimes it really pisses me off.

I will also remember what a lot of people said when they find the next player scapegoat. because sure enough they will

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Deportivo Seagull said:
I wasn't going to post this but ..... whilst freezing my knackers of watching my son play footy on saturday morning, I was talking to one of the other parents (who's son is also in the same class at school as my son). She knows FDM and his wife, FDM certainly wasn't happy about being dropped, but his view is that at 32 he's getting old and the club are looking to the future, apparently flo will be better than Henderson. Anyway, I asked about if she had heard about anything about little Leon, the reply was much laughing and a comment that he was apparently a 'right little s**t'.
Now granted this is 3rd hand and the Lady in question doesn't like football, mind you hardly surprising as her dad used to take her to Selarse park:ohmy: but I used to get the updates on FDM and they were always correct. BTW if you want to upset FDM, call him a chef.
I came on this thread to post the fact that there are very few murmerings of discontent via the press from the dressing room regarding the decision to get rid of Leon, and this fact speaks volumes.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
KinkyHitler said:
125k.

good selling fellas :clap:

Wish I was a great bloke like you, having cool mates on here and supporting a top club like Spurs. It 's nice that you lower yourself to give your valued opinions on the board of a gutter trash (pony) team.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
I say good luck to him and swansea he was good for us until mm,and swansea are my scoend team, jack army jack, army.O.k. Sydney f.c. scoend now and before some of you go on Brighton outside my family are my world.The lads at Sydney call me seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here